Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, new to the forum here!

Wanted to get some advice on best recommendations for lift/rim/tire pairing.

I have a black 2014 JK Rubicon (automatic) and am looking to do something like a 3 1/4" lift with 35" tires. This is my daily driver and will occasionally use it for light off-roading like beach, grass and snow - not looking to do crazy rock crawling or anything. I just generally love the beefier look with the modifications.

Any recommendations for lift, black rims, and tire pairing would be awesome! A smooth ride is important for me considering its my daily driver.

P.S. I know pretty much nothing about cars so your specific recommendations and why would be sincerely appreciated :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have an AEV 3&1/2" lift with their borah wheels and 35" Bfgoodrich KM3s and it rides very nice. My Jeep is a 2015 Rubicon

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the most recent picture I have. I have changed a couple things since.

-----

Love the look - If I get that setup (AEV 3&1/2" lift with their borah wheels and 35" Bfgoodrich KM3s), do I need any additional mods to stabilize weight pressure, or is it a smooth sailing ride from there? I'm coming from stock car so just making sure I dont screw anything up (plus Idk shit about cars).

Thanks haha

·
Registered
96 Posts
Should be good to go with just that. You can play around with tire pressure. I run around 29 cold. The AEV lift comes with everything you need.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Should be good to go with just that. You can play around with tire pressure. I run around 29 cold. The AEV lift comes with everything you need.

Are these the correct website links?:

1. https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/jk-dualsport-sc-suspension/
Also... which option do I choose in the dropdown menu?

2. https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/jk-borah/#color
Also... what ring option should I choose? idk the difference..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes those are the correct links. As far as the lift goes, the options in that drop down are left or right hand drive, 4 door or 2 door, and 3.5 or 4.5 inch lift. I'm assuming you have a left hand drive 4 door? I have the hardware kit on the wheels which is just plastic bolts that fill the holes to keep them from getting dirt and such in them. Protection ring goes over the wheel and protects the lip of the wheel from damage. Beadlock ring is for running the wheel as a beadlock. Beadlocks require more maintenance than a typical wheel and some tire shops won't mess with them.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey, new to the forum here!

Wanted to get some advice on best recommendations for lift/rim/tire pairing.

I have a black 2014 JK Rubicon (automatic) and am looking to do something like a 3 1/4" lift with 35" tires. This is my daily driver and will occasionally use it for light off-roading like beach, grass and snow - not looking to do crazy rock crawling or anything. I just generally love the beefier look with the modifications.

Any recommendations for lift, black rims, and tire pairing would be awesome! A smooth ride is important for me considering its my daily driver.

P.S. I know pretty much nothing about cars so your specific recommendations and why would be sincerely appreciated :)

Welcome to the forum. Now....

Dang, this is a big step you are taking right off the bat. You said this is your DD vehicle, so are you sure you wanna jump right into a 3.5 lift with 35s, new rims, etc.....your MPG will drop, and hopefully your road manners are to your liking. Who is going to install this lift kit? And set up the tires?
I agree AEV lifts give you just about the smoothest street ride, and most people say it's actually an improvement over stock. Also, do not forget to re-calibrate the Jeep to account for the bigger tires. That's part of the deal. AEV has the ProCal plug in, for an additional $170.
Good luck and see if you can post some before and after pics.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Now....

Dang, this is a big step you are taking right off the bat. You said this is your DD vehicle, so are you sure you wanna jump right into a 3.5 lift with 35s, new rims, etc.....your MPG will drop, and hopefully your road manners are to your liking. Who is going to install this lift kit? And set up the tires?

I agree AEV lifts give you just about the smoothest street ride, and most people say it's actually an improvement over stock. Also, do not forget to re-calibrate the Jeep to account for the bigger tires. That's part of the deal. AEV has the ProCal plug in, for an additional $170.

Good luck and see if you can post some before and after pics.
Agree with you on making sure you want to upgrade but he does not have to buy the procal extra. It comes with the 3.5 and 4.5 lift kits.

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
I went with the Teraflex ST3 lift with 35s. I have since moved to 37s but rode the 35s for 4 years. I also went with the Teraflex Falcon shocks and it rides really well. It’s no Cadillac but for what it is, it’s pretty dang good.

With 35s

With 37s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,184 Posts
For a two door, stick at 2.5 - there is zero need for more lift, and all you are really buying over 2.5 is potential driveline or steering angle issues. I love Rock Krawler X Factor. Second choice would be Metalcloak Game Changer. I run the 2.5 Rock Krawler X Factor with 37s. A good all purpose tire, look at Nitto Ridge Grappler. And be sure to keep gearing and axle reinforcement in mind.

·
Super Moderator
8,184 Posts
Also realize folks are posting four doors - two doors are a lot more sensitive to lift height and driveline angles. All you need to do is lift enough to clear the tires.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I would avoid rock krawler at all costs and if you have one of their three links inspect that upper frame mount for frame cracks. This company has has so many issues over the years I can't believe anyone that know what they are doing buys anything from them.

·
Super Moderator
8,184 Posts
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Rock Krawler. Nothing.

·
Registered
133 Posts
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Rock Krawler. Nothing.
Seems like the dirtman just does that. Pop in with negative comments about products. I may be wrong and mixing him up with someone else.

I haven't run across any complaints against Rock Krawler. My parts are all working perfectly.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Frame cracked at weakest point, right along edge of weld? Looks like possible extreme abuse. .... I, for one, admit to occasionally putting my Jeep through situations it isn't designed for. I broke stuff when Arizona last year that is all my own fault.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts