Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!!
I'm looking for a good window storage solution for my JK. I've seen some of the roll up sets so you can strap them to the back. Would be handy when out and about and you want to throw your top back on.
Anyone out there tried these? Anything out there that works better then others?? Pros" "Cons"
Let me know!!
Thanks!

·
Registered
374 Posts
The best idea I've seen so far, and the one I plan to use, is to go to walmart and purchase 4 large fleese blankets and a duffel bag.

Place each window between fleese blankets and roll them up then put them in the duffel and throw it in the back. Total cost is about $25.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
The best idea I've seen so far, and the one I plan to use, is to go to walmart and purchase 4 large fleese blankets and a duffel bag.

Place each window between fleese blankets and roll them up then put them in the duffel and throw it in the back. Total cost is about $25.
One suggestion I read here somewhere... Can't remember if it was posted by hbgirl, JDs Dream or JeepHerz.

Add a pool noodle to the middle of the roll to keep the windows from collapsing in on themselves or getting squished and making creases in the windows.

·
Registered
610 Posts

I did this very thin, except used two blankets sewn together in the middle- this makes a "book" of sorts with a spot between the fleece layers for each of the three windows. Had my wife sew it and sew some 1" web straps with cinch connectors to secure it all when rolled up.

Think I will incorporate StarBrite's suggestion and cut down a noodle to fit inside the roll.

·
Retired Mod
11,133 Posts
I just kept two fleece blankets in the Jeep, and gently "sandwich" them and losely roll them.

·
Registered
374 Posts
One suggestion I read here somewhere... Can't remember if it was posted by hbgirl, JDs Dream or JeepHerz.

Add a pool noodle to the middle of the roll to keep the windows from collapsing in on themselves or getting squished and making creases in the windows.
That's an excellent idea!

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
All these ideas are great. I'd rather just buy one but I want one that fits. Think I'll try the two blankets folded over and maybe a shower curtain on the outside to guard against it getting wet (the most likely time I will be opening it back up). Maybe a couple of velcro straps to hold the noodle. And then some more straps for attaching to the roll bar.

My wife doesn't sew so it will have to be hand stitched by me. (yuck!)

Thanks for all the ideas!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I remove the rear window bar and store it in the brackets where it normally sits. Once you close the rear gate, the bar isn't going anywhere. The rear window fits just fine in the duffle.

·
Registered
78 Posts
All these ideas are great. I'd rather just buy one but I want one that fits. Think I'll try the two blankets folded over and maybe a shower curtain on the outside to guard against it getting wet (the most likely time I will be opening it back up). Maybe a couple of velcro straps to hold the noodle. And then some more straps for attaching to the roll bar.

My wife doesn't sew so it will have to be hand stitched by me. (yuck!)

Thanks for all the ideas!

That sounds like an incredible amount of work when you can buy something for 80$ that does all that.

And the windows you're protecting aren't exactly cheap!

·
Registered
842 Posts
I remove the rear window bar and store it in the brackets where it normally sits. Once you close the rear gate, the bar isn't going anywhere. The rear window fits just fine in the duffle.
The rear window fits within the felt without 6 inches hanging out?

Ah ok, i just noticed the guy above you that said "rear window fits fine" has a 2013 in his Signature.
I think the 13 and 14 must be the same. I have read many reviews where the wider jeeps don't fit. Unless they redesigned it. You're right...that would save me a ton of work. Oh and if you watch the video, they don't show the rear window,, just the sides.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm no expert, but I don't think there is a difference between the 13 and the 14 soft top. The rear window does stick out about 4 inches from under the soft spacers in the HOSS duffle, buts its really no issue, as it is protected just fine when rolled up. Do what you want, but so far it works really nice for me.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The rear window fits within the felt without 6 inches hanging out?

I think the 13 and 14 must be the same. I have read many reviews where the wider jeeps don't fit. Unless they redesigned it. You're right...that would save me a ton of work. Oh and if you watch the video, they don't show the rear window,, just the sides.

Yeah in the video they make a point to say something along the lines of... just one bag for all the windows.... when the woman brings up the back window.

I think I'll grab it off Amazon and come back and let people know. Like someone else said, a few inches long on 1 side is nothing since that part will be rolled up (basically the innermost roll) anyway. That wont be for a month or so though, waiting on Jeep delivery.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I'm no expert, but I don't think there is a difference between the 13 and the 14 soft top. The rear window does stick out about 4 inches from under the soft spacers in the HOSS duffle, buts its really no issue, as it is protected just fine when rolled up. Do what you want, but so far it works really nice for me.
So you have the same problem as the reviewers. It looks like the outer case is big enough so can I just add say 6" of felt to 2 of the leaves and be good to go? That would be a lot easier than starting from scratch.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Yeah in the video they make a point to say something along the lines of... just one bag for all the windows.... when the woman brings up the back window.

I think I'll grab it off Amazon and come back and let people know. Like someone else said, a few inches long on 1 side is nothing since that part will be rolled up (basically the innermost roll) anyway. That wont be for a month or so though, waiting on Jeep delivery.
Yeah the complaints were that the rear window was touching the outermost duffle material since the felt was too short and getting scratched. I don't want that to happen. I will just extend two of the felts if it will still fit inside the duffle. Hate to have to do that on a brand new product but what can you do? They are still using the same design as the narrower Jeeps.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.