Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my jeep is a manual all stock and only has 5000 miles on it. The problem I am having is that it is making a sound like a bad belt but it stops when I just rest my foot on the clutch. Now I think it is the throw out bearing it has done it since I got the jeep. People told me that it was just dirt any help on this would be great

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Take it in for warranty.....easy...

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
It certainly sounds like a throwout bearing...if I were gonna go through the trouble of removing it to clean it, I'd probably just replace it though.

Edit: Good point on the warranty. Let THEM do it.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Sounds like a throw out bearing to me too

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just got the same thing. Add this to the sloppy sounding transmission, which the dealer failed to fix after changing the motor mounts and transmission mount. Mine now has 6,800 miles. I have driven manual only for 20 years straight. This is the worst transmission I have yet to experience. It's a real shame, because I love the Jeep other than that. My D90 had a better feeling transmission, and that thing was basically a glorified tractor. Trans. in that lasted 110k miles, trouble free with tons of offroad time in NM and CO.

·
Registered
176 Posts
This throwout bearing issue seems to be a hot topic. Is there an aftermarket unit that is not a POS so when this happens to me outside of warranty I can stick something in that is not (as) disposable?

+1 on the above. The 6sp leaves a lot to be desired at times. It would not have taken much to get it right especially in a "fun" vehicle like this. If the next generation auto has more than 5 speeds in it, that will be the one for me I am afraid.

There is no excuse for a friend of mine's 10 year old nissan xterra's manual to feel like a precision piece of areospace engineering compared to the one in my new Wrangler.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I have to agree I have driven a stick since I started driving and this is so bad, I had a mustang before this so I know it's no comparison but even my old yj I had shifted smoother

1 - 12 of 12 Posts