Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully the original battery is going bad. It has been turning over weakly the past two weeks. I placed the battery on a charger, after charging my car won’t start. The error I’m getting is B210A - System Voltage Low (WCM). I have noticed slightly lower mpg. Right around 15.5. I do drive city but 17+ is normal. I was not able to jump the car either. I would appreciate any insight you could give me. Happy holidays!

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
That code is set when the WCM has detected voltage lower than 9 volts. Using a digital multimeter, check the voltage of the battery. What is it at rest? What is it during the start?

It may be your battery but then you'd have low voltage everywhere. If it's only detected by the WCM than there may be an open wire between TIPM and the WCM or an open between the ignition switch and the WCM. Or it can be the WCM itself.

Hope it's just a battery but you need to see what the battery's voltage is with a DVOM.

Do you have any aftermarket things hooked up near the steering column?

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
5 Year old battery - most likely the problem. Have it load tested.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys thanks for the quick response! I replaced the battery today...same issue. It sounds like there is no fuel or no spark. It sounds like it’s cranking over fine. Any other quick checks beyond bringing it in to jeep?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts