Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 2014 JK back in October. I put 6,500 miles on it, and had the best times in my very first Jeep. In the back of my mind, I always wished I had gotten a 4 door, but I was afraid it was going to be too big for me.

Last week, I received one of those letters from the dealership saying they wanted my Jeep back. We all know those letters are crap and a scam, but I chose to entertain the idea.

I ended up trading in my JK for a JKU, and I am so glad I did! I ended up financing the 2014 JK, trading it in, and leased the 2016 JKU for just a few dollars more.

Anyone in the Central/South NJ area needs to visit Cherry Hill Jeep on Rt. 70! They are some great people!

Attachments

·
Registered
514 Posts
Congrats.... I struggled with the 2 or 4 door debate. I went with 4 door and still find myself in situations where a 2 door would be better. I think an old long wheelbase TJ (or LJ) would be perfect because it lands right in between the two.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Excellent move!

Now, to make the ride for the rear passengers a bit more comfortable....

Look at the rear seat recline kits, such as from War Pig Offroad. Super easy to install and makes the rear seat much more enjoyable!

Love the 4 doors....ride so much different than the 2 doors.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I just traded in my 2015 Willys 2 door for a 2016 Sport 4 door. I thought a 2 dr Willys would be the ultimate on-road Jeep but the stiff suspension, short wheelbase, and tall tires made for an unstable ride. My 4 door is capable of faster speeds in the turns and is much easier to control at the limits. On the road my 4 door rides better, corners better, and is more stable, even with the stock puny 29s. Yes, tires will be gone soon.

Attachments

·
Because I Can
362 Posts
I too went from a two door, 2011 sport, to a 2015 unlimited sport. What an improvement in stability and handling especially when it's slick. Plus the extra room is a plus! No regrets...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts