Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4" lifted 2014 JK Unlimited and after alignment I have a lot of steering play or wander while driving, also it has a lot of bump steer. I have a 4" drop pitman on it. Would replacing it to stock fix my issue?

·
Registered
722 Posts
There are guys who know a lot more than I do and hopefully they'll chime in. I'd take the drop pitman off. Flipping the DL along with a DL flip bracket would raise your roll center.

Exactly what's in the lift. How much caster do you have. Do you have a rear axle TB bracket. It would raise your rear roll center and adjustable TB's front and rear would be a good thing with a 4" lift.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I had the same problem. Ditch the drop pitman arm. You need a adjustable track bar which centers the axle. You may need a raised track bar bracket (Axle Side). I also installed a Synergy Drag Flipped Drag Link (mounted on top of axle). Kjeeper I hope I beat you to this one. Lol

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have a 4" lifted 2014 JK Unlimited and after alignment I have a lot of steering play or wander while driving, also it has a lot of bump steer. I have a 4" drop pitman on it. Would replacing it to stock fix my issue?
Do you have adjustable control arms on the front? Just curious. I purchased a four inch lift without them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2" Factory lift with a Rubicon Express 2" Spring wedge lift
AEV Drop brackets
Front and Rear Adjustable trailing arms
Double Stabilizer
4" Rancho Drop pitman
1.5" Wheel offsets

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Get rid of the drop pitman , check your tire pressure and report back

Depending on how it feels then look into Drag link flip

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Drag Link flip? Like as in mount the ball joint on the drag link to the pitman arm upside down? Tire pressure is at 42 psi all around. Roger that on 86ing the pitman arm

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also, would better sway bar end links matter? I have some really nice JKS Adj. one I purchased but they aren't installed because the sway bar angle stayed the same due to the CA DB's

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool Beans JakerJK going to call the mech. right now and get it in there first thing in the AM and get this Pitman arm out and re-install the stock one. Lowering tire psi in just a few minutes.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Lower the pressure and work on getting that pitman arm out
IMO if you get rid of the drop pitman arm it will throw your steering geometry off even worse. When you do this with such a high lift you will still need to do the flipped drag link (mount drag link on top of steering knuckle). You will most likely have to add a raised track bar bracket on axle side. Your trying to get track bar and drag link more parallel. I learned this the hard way from purchasing a cheap four inch lift without any of the before mentioned items. Also the dual stabilizer looks cool but only masks or covers up other issues.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I have a 4" lift and never flipped mine , could it ride better yeah but it was never to the point that hate driving it

But that lower pitman and the high psi is really hurting him more then if he has the stock pitman on

·
Registered
298 Posts
Also, would better sway bar end links matter? I have some really nice JKS Adj. one I purchased but they aren't installed because the sway bar angle stayed the same due to the CA DB's
IMO any sway bar disconnects other than stock is a plus. Especially with my manual quick disconnects since I don't have automatic disconnects. But this has nothing to do with your problem. The cheapest option would be to install a raised track bar bracket. It would bring your DL and Track Bar more parallel. I tied it but still had to flip the drag link.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts