Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon X, Canadian SPEC, loaded to gills, 19K. Traded in my frontier pro 4x, built LJ, and my victory high ball to get her.

First and fore most I have wanted a JK rubicon since I deployed from Afghanistan. I have owned some many vehicles in an effort to find a substitute: Toyota FJ Cruiser Team Off-road, Nissan Frontier Pro4-X, 2005 built LJ, 95 XJ.

Initial impressions:
The JKLRX is leaps and bounds more comfortable the TJL. Hell the JKL is more capable, comfortable, and fuel efficient than the PRO4-X. I used to make fun of JK owners, I always kinda thought of the JK platform as more of chic jeep than anything. The humble pie taste good, soo good.

Plans:
Slow, deliberate modifications that build up over 3-5 years. For the time it's going to be a mall crawler, the 10.5 in ground clearance barely lends itself to get over a curb! I'm not gonna be the guy who totals out a 50k jeep wrangler.

So the name Two Face: I want it to look like a mall crawler for my DD but an absolute beast capable of handling Lvl 4/5s on the trail.
-I plan to use aluminum everything in order to keep weight down and MPGs up.
-No more than 2.5in lift, thinking METALCLOAK/RK hybrid system, maybe out board shocks if that's a thing with JKs.
-Run 33's on the street and 37's on the trail.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
-Run 33's on the street and 37's on the trail. Sounds like a possible gear swap. :punk: Been down that trail. Best Mod Ever!

Looking forward to seeing some pics!

See you on the trail,
Jase

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The first step was to install my sound processor, JBL MS 8. The MS 8 uses logic 7, auto tunes based off mic location, and is relatively easy to install. However it's a huge task and took 12 hours, anybody with half a brain could do the install but it takes a ton of patience, planning, and two full days of free time.

Step 1: dissemble the dash and remove the stock amp.

[/URL

Step 2: use this website to wire the MS 8: [url]http://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/completed-writeup-stereo-upgrade-jku-infinity-retaining-oem-h-u-226953/#b

A few very big pointers:
1- The MS 8 needs to have unprocessed signal from the head unit, how ever the signal strength is too low and the MS 8 cannot capture the data.
2-The canbus system is an absolute PITA, wiring the MS 8 directly from the h/u does not permit use of the OEM volume control.
3- I had to wire the MS 8 "in" from the stock amps "out". The MS 8 only needs a left, right, and sub input to capture enough signal. I understand that the speakers in the sound bar have the least amount of processed sound so I used those and the sub signal.

This is the test portion, this took forever trying to fiGure out how to capture enough input signal.

All cleaned up:

Next was how/where to mount, I choose to mount it underneath the drivers seat.

Aaaaaat home, this was the most frustrating item of the entire install.

Cleaned up power source.

The result is amazing considering I'm still using the oem speakers. I'm hoping the speakers are running 40 watts rms at 2ohms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts