Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a recently built JK and the flashpaq?

My JKU just hit dealer lot and I have a flashpaq on order to make adjustments for tiresize and some of the other nice little features. Dont plan on using a different "tune" until it broken in.

Ive heard some real horror stores about people not being to start their jeep after trying various tuners. Im unable to find any docs online for the flashpaq and was wondering if there is a way to find out of the tuner is compatable with your current EEC before actually pushing a tune to it or making any changes?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can't speak for the flashpaq, but I have 2014 JKUR with the traildash. I updated yesterday at the request of Super Chips and the Jeep hasn't ran since. We worked at it all day until they left for the long weekend. Now I have no Vehicle, a very upset Wife and a $44000 lawn ornament. Seriously questioning My decision to use a programmer.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not sure if you've read my experience, but I recently had a thread about the flashpaq killing my 2014. It killed it before even getting to ANY options on the flashpaq...tunes, tire size, tpms, etc. It jacked up the initial "download" of my stock file and could never recover it.

I had one on my 2010 and it worked flawlessly and that's what prompted me to get it on my 2014, but it was a disaster. I hate it, because when they work, they are great. But it's a pretty big chance to take with a 14.

I came away lucky I guess, only having to re-flash my PCM. One guy posted in my thread that it completely trashed his transmission along with his PCM.

·
Registered
100 Posts
After talking to Superchips for weeks. Download after download. Sending my Flashpac back to be reprogrammed by them along with my PCM.

When I got it back it trashed my transmission. At first my jeep would not start, after three "downloads" recommended by Flashpac it still did not work (that took a week) I was down and with only one vehicle to get to work with I had to borrow a ride.

Four weeks latter I just got my Jeep back from the dealer trying to find out what happened to it. To much to list what they did but in the end I would say

I WOULD NEVER PURCHASE A SUPERCHIP PRODUCT AGAIN EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

SuperChips admitted to me that they did not have a working FlashPac for a 2014 Jeep automatic. Superchips fell off the face of the earth “NO HELP” from them after the last three attempts to fix the problem.

It got very difficult to deal with them and they did not fix the problem.

SHAME ON YOU SUPERCHIPS

·
Registered
394 Posts
I guess I got lucky, I bought one for my 14, plugged it in and it needed to be updated of course. I phoned the tech line 10 minutes before they closed, the guy walked me through everything and refused to hang up until he knew it worked which was 35 minutes after they closed. I was impressed he didn't rush me off the phone etc and made sure it worked perfectly! It's weird how some work on a 14 and some don't. I did mine as soon as I heard it was ready for a 14 which was months ago and it's been flawless.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I guess I got lucky, I bought one for my 14, plugged it in and it needed to be updated of course. I phoned the tech line 10 minutes before they closed, the guy walked me through everything and refused to hang up until he knew it worked which was 35 minutes after they closed. I was impressed he didn't rush me off the phone etc and made sure it worked perfectly! It's weird how some work on a 14 and some don't. I did mine as soon as I heard it was ready for a 14 which was months ago and it's been flawless.
Do you have a manual or auto trans? It seems the issue affects the autos.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The dealer spent two weeks installing new PCM, Transmission, Reflash, twice completely went through the ECM, PCM and all the transmission modules.

I read that it (FlashPac) does not change anything in the PCM. That is not true. It screwed mine up so bad it took a total replace. All new parts. Replaced.

SuperCRAP! Did not want to give me any money for any of the repairs.
And down time.

They did not “feel” Responsible. Even though everything worked fine until I plugged in the programmer. Easy to say to me you can’t prove it was us who did that. When in fact it has happened to many others the same way.

SuperCrap did send me my PCM and "told me it was good" another BS line from them. If it was "good" then why did they try to have me update it right after I got it from them??????? More BS from Superchip.

I can tell you why. Because it wasn't any good and they knew it, they were using me as a "test" they wanted my PCM program to further there sales. Which I consider that “STEALING” from them. And they have done this to others as well. All that just to say "we have a working" 2014 JK programmer when in the end they did not and to this day do not have a working program. Its your vehicle you can do what you think best as for me I would stay away.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2014 JKRUX with auto.

I had a bad experience with a FlashCal. The TPMS function doesn't work. So Superchips sold a product that doesn't work and wasn't tested before releasing it. Yes I called them, they opened a ticket, etc, etc.

To make a long story short, I decided not to screw around anymore with a company that doesn't test it's products. I bought an AEV ProCal and it took all of 5 minutes to flash for a different tire size and set the TPMS threshold. It's a much simpler device and doesn't require a dependency on updating via Windows. This was a PIA, as I'm a Mac person. Suggest you check out the features and consider it as an option if it fits your needs.

Now I have a Superbrick sitting on the work bench in my garage. Will probably sell it for $50 and take the hit.

·
Super Moderator
23,782 Posts
seems like using one is like playing russian rollette with 3 loaded rounds. Not worth the risk.

·
Registered
57 Posts
So far so good on my week old 14. I never tuned it just changed tire size and TPMS.
I'll give it a few months and update then try the tunes.

·
Registered
107 Posts
It took about a month to get it to work with customer support, but I have a 2014 JKURX unlimited and it worked fine. Just had to wait a few weeks for them to create my vehicle calibration file. I'm not sure if it works this way, but I bought the 3872 which says it supports the 2014 models now. Maybe it is the older models causing problems? Just a thought...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts