Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last month as I was driving to work I heard what can be described as a "metal spring vibrating in a glass jar" sound. It's a higher pitched oscillating noise and only happens in 2nd/3rd gear - maybe between 25 and 40mph - when going up a slight incline. The sound has been getting louder and more frequent. If I let off the gas or gun it, the noise goes away. I haven't gotten under the Jeep yet to look for loose parts but has anyone else experienced this? If so, did you narrow down where the vibration came from? It can be heard both outside and inside the Jeep.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Last month as I was driving to work I heard what can be described as a "metal spring vibrating in a glass jar" sound. It's a higher pitched oscillating noise and only happens in 2nd/3rd gear - maybe between 25 and 40mph - when going up a slight incline. The sound has been getting louder and more frequent. If I let off the gas or gun it, the noise goes away. I haven't gotten under the Jeep yet to look for loose parts but has anyone else experienced this? If so, did you narrow down where the vibration came from? It can be heard both outside and inside the Jeep.

just a thought look at the xmember that is front of the exhaust pipe...that xmember- Bar was a issue with mine but it was self induced by hitting it while off road...it dosent take much to move that "bar"..I took mine off and put on one of the recall xmembers and problem is solved...sooo if your exhaust is close to that bar- xmember that may be your issue...hope that helps
Cameron

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
I read a post awhile back and it was talking about a whistle in an auto as well. Also came across this youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9wR7L7CyW8

You might want to try a search using whistle. I know there was a soccer mom reference made in the post I read. Something like she dropped her kids off for soccer and felt like everyone was staring at the Jeep because of the noise.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey ColoJK. Did you ever get this issue resolved? I have a 2014 JKU and have exactly the same problem. I've taken it into the dealer twice and no luck.

Thanks for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts