Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a check engine light that i just cannot track down. The error code says "fuel system lean". Not "Bank 1", "Bank 2" etc.

I have put a smoke machine into every vacuum line possible. All with the same results, no readily apparent vacuum leak.

So this got me to checking fuel. With a gauge hooked up at the fuel inlet on the rail, i am getting 47PSI at a idle.

I cannot find but one mention of fuel pressure here or on google and it says 58psi +- 2psi.

I would like to get a confirmation from a mechanic or someone that knows 100% sure before I start tearing anything apart.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
From my 2014 service manual: "An electric fuel pump is located within the fuel pump module. The electric fuel pump is a positive displacement, immersible pump with a permanent magnet electric motor capable of creating 860 kPa (125 psi) of operating pressure. The fuel pressure regulator limits fuel pressure to 400 kPa (58 psi). "

And then later in troubleshooting it says: "The fuel pressure specification for all engines, including a Non SRT-4 is 407 kPa +/- 34 kPa (59 psi +/- 5 psi). SRT-4 fuel pressure specification is 552 kPa +/- 34 kPa (80 psi +/- 5 psi)."

So 58-59psi.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From my 2014 service manual: "An electric fuel pump is located within the fuel pump module. The electric fuel pump is a positive displacement, immersible pump with a permanent magnet electric motor capable of creating 860 kPa (125 psi) of operating pressure. The fuel pressure regulator limits fuel pressure to 400 kPa (58 psi). "

And then later in troubleshooting it says: "The fuel pressure specification for all engines, including a Non SRT-4 is 407 kPa +/- 34 kPa (59 psi +/- 5 psi). SRT-4 fuel pressure specification is 552 kPa +/- 34 kPa (80 psi +/- 5 psi)."

So 58-59psi.
ate the help. Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts