Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
13K miles on 2014 JKU Sport. One 'extra' ding after normal dings when starting up, then an infrequent (once every couple of days) when driving. No dash lights warning lights turn on (that I notice). Although it seems to happen when vehicle is in gear but foot is off the gas. One time I thought I had stalled because I thought I saw the speedo and RPM's drop to zero, but when I went to start it back up, I noticed the RPM's at a standard idle level, so I don't even know if I really even saw what I thought I saw. The ding noise is real enough though. I am concerned it might be early warning of clockspring failure as indicated in this thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/ding-noise-is-driving-me-crazy-610090.html

Anyone else had this?

·
Registered
296 Posts
13K miles on 2014 JKU Sport. One 'extra' ding after normal dings when starting up, then an infrequent (once every couple of days) when driving. No dash lights warning lights turn on (that I notice). Although it seems to happen when vehicle is in gear but foot is off the gas. One time I thought I had stalled because I thought I saw the speedo and RPM's drop to zero, but when I went to start it back up, I noticed the RPM's at a standard idle level, so I don't even know if I really even saw what I thought I saw. The ding noise is real enough though. I am concerned it might be early warning of clockspring failure as indicated in this thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/ding-noise-is-driving-me-crazy-610090.html Anyone else had this?
I haven't dealt with this, but I have never known there to be warnings of clock spring failure, it just goes out and it's done from there. Look up how they work and a diagram of it and you'll understand a little better. Needless to say I think you can eliminate the clock spring as the problem, good luck

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
A pre-warning indicator? (I should probably change my oil though...)
Mine started that extra ding, no oil light.

I have been changing mine at 5,000 mile intervals.

Possibly a milage based warning if it wasn't reset at the last oil change.

Do the reset and see if it goes away.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Re-tighten your battery negative terminal clamp. That will probably fix it. At least the random gauge/needle drop along with the ding.

·
Registered
179 Posts
this happened actually quite a few times but all during one day.

4 lo off roading(trail) 10mph ish - Brake, ABS, Traction came on and gone...
same day driving highway 60mph- speedo dropped and back up real quick, enough for me to catch it on the way back up but no abnormal issues with driving the jeep it self...

concerns me a bit..

·
Registered
818 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts