Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get thoughts on this. If it there are benefits or negative performance issues. Was thinking of doing it of there are positive benefits but don't want error lights coming up if I do. Cut off stock muffler and put a smaller stainless Magnaflow that is tucked up there and offered more clearance. Was asking muffler guy and says its basically a straight thru perforated muffler before the stock baffle one.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Got mine cut off when I got my flowmaster muffler put on. This was back in December. Nothing negative to report here.

·
Registered
173 Posts
When I first got it before it settled, I could hardly hear it inside with the windows up, but now that the muffler has broken in, you can tell it has an exhaust, but not overly loud and no droning. The guy at the exhaust shop said removing the resonator wouldn't hurt in anyway and it allowed the muffler to be tucked up under the jeep real well. Muffler got installed just behind the drivers side door, but it is completely tucked up where you can't see it from the side.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a used muffler from a friend and it tucked up in the stock location pretty good. Its sounds a but better. Thought it would sound better and breath better if I removed the resonator. But wasn't sure about back pressure issues and error codes but it seems like all cat back systems remove it anyways.
2015-02-
04 19.21.27 by PhantomPhan1974 Photography, on Flickr

·
Commercial Member
2,223 Posts
Looks like it's half the size of the OEM muffler. What brand muffler? I don't really want to change my sound (I like the quiet OEM sound), but wouldn't mind tucking that up in there better than stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts