Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, been creeping through the forums for a long time now but finally have a question worth posting about. I have done a ton of research on the need for a new driveshaft after a lift, though I can’t really find the info specific to my situation. I recently installed a Pro Comp leveling kit (3” spacer in the front, 2” spacer in the back) on my 2014 JKU Rubicon which I have to say has been great and I would highly recommend the kit (if you can find it cheap)! My concern is damage to my drive shaft while off-roading. I wanted some opinions on the need for a new front shaft given that the lift was a true 3” (no more no less) and with only 2” in the back, the angle of the shaft doesn’t really seem awful. I should also mention I am still running the Rubicon stock shocks with shock extensions. If this is just one of those “run it till the boot rips/spewing grease then look at replacing” then that’s what I will do, I just want to make sure I am not going to strand myself out on the trails with the stock shafts and this kit (btw I do have an exhaust spacer kit just to get it out of the way of the boot). Thanks for your help in advance and I’ll get pics up of my rig on the picture forum soon!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts