Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Little by little its coming together. She runs under her own power now. Body and hood are painted and cleared. Fenders, cowl, and doors are primed. I can see light at the end of the tunnel now.

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
WTH happened to this Jeep did it catch on fire, must've been cheap or free right with all that damage?!? Freakin amazing!! I for one could never tackle a project like this, this is definitely a build, beyond my expertise! I'll stick to simple suspension installs and modifications haha!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WTH happened to this Jeep did it catch on fire, must've been cheap or free right with all that damage?!? Freakin amazing!! I for one could never tackle a project like this, this is definitely a build, beyond my expertise! I'll stick to simple suspension installs and modifications haha!

Just a small dash fire. 🧐But yes, it was dirt cheap with 6,000 miles. I have wanted a Jeep, wanted to try the lizard skin, and always like a challenge so I got all three with his one. Just driving it around the little I have, the Lizard skin heat insulator and sound barrier has made a huge difference compared to driving my father in laws wrangler. And I don’t even have the top on yet. It feels much more solid and cuts down the road noise by a lot. With this and the Porsche Chalk color custom paint,I think I will have something very cool and unique for pennies on the dollar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
Just a small dash fire. 🧐But yes, it was dirt cheap with 6,000 miles. I have wanted a Jeep, wanted to try the lizard skin, and always like a challenge so I got all three with his one. Just driving it around the little I have, the Lizard skin heat insulator and sound barrier has made a huge difference compared to driving my father in laws wrangler. And I don’t even have the top on yet. It feels much more solid and cuts down the road noise by a lot. With this and the Porsche Chalk color custom paint,I think I will have something very cool and unique for pennies on the dollar.

That is CRAZY! Great work and I'll definitely be watching this build!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Little by little its coming together. She runs under her own power now. Body and hood are painted and cleared. Fenders, cowl, and doors are primed. I can see light at the end of the tunnel now.
Awesome! Great progress.

My frame is arriving after independence day and i will be starting my frame swap then! if you do have any tips, please do let me know!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Things are moving slowly but steadily. Doors are primed and gaps check. Need to get paint and clear on the doors then finish the interior. Should be able to take her to get an inspection next week. It’s staring to get exciting now.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She rolled down the street for the first time today as a complete Jeep. Have a few small things to finish up its 99% there. Definitely need some tires.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It’s been an eventful week. Lots of little items finished and final checks. She drove to the gas station for the first time. Windshield gets installed in the morning along with a final cut and polish on the paint then off to get a state safety inspection.

·
Registered
138 Posts
It’s been an eventful week. Lots of little items finished and final checks. She drove to the gas station for the first time. Windshield gets installed in the morning along with a final cut and polish on the paint then off to get a state safety inspection.

Very nice! Do give your opinion on how much lizardskin helped in terms of heat retention and sound insulation.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very nice! Do give your opinion on how much lizardskin helped in terms of heat retention and sound insulation.
As you know, its hard to get an apple to apples comparison with each jeep having so many differences. That being said, my father in law has a bone stock JK. Driving mine with the new all terrains, the jeep feels very solid. other than the wind, i dont hear any tire noise or hollowness. As for heat, well its 97 here in houston and i have a bikini top on it so i suppose I won't have a good barometer on that until i decide to put the hard top back on it. I can say this though, you can put your hand on the cabin side of the firewall and not feel a thing or on the floor board during operation and no heat there either.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After many months of deciding what to do with her, options, color choices etc, she is finally done and officially road worthy. Introducing "Tiffany". Why Tiffany you might ask? Well, when i started the cleanup and teardown, I found an unscathed Tiffany New York bracelet in the ashes and the name just kind of stuck. While things are never "done" I would say she has come a long way. Now its time to enjoy her.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well it's been a while and i have made some cosmetic additions: Tires, bumpers, lights, LEDs, etc. Spent the last few days coating the inside of the top and panels with lizard skin sound barrier, ceramic insulation, and top coat. Now that this is done, it's time for some more power. Next up is the Magnusson Supercharger.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the supercharger.

-Steven

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I completed the install but have to wait until Wednesday to connect with Magnusson on a couple of items. Will be hard to wait. Ready to see what she can do.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts