Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 JKU sport auto with 3300 miles. It leaked engine oil all over the garage. Called jeep and they towed it to the dealer today in the morning Dealer is telling me is a gasket from the oil cooler. They have ordered it but don't know when it's coming in since they are on back order. Will have a better answer on monday.

Oil was splattered all over the oil pan and towards the rear of the jeep.

I posted this on another thread, but since I don't really know if we had the same leak, I've started this new thread.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I never heard of a gasket going bad all at once.....may have been leaking all the time and just gotten worse? I had a similar problem on a ford explorer but it was a cracked line on the transmission fluid cooler.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be. But I think I would have seen a drop or so sooner. This was at least a quart on the floor and the undercarriage looked like it had been sprayed with motor oil.
We had driven the jeep no more than 2 miles the day before.
My wife works less than a mile from home.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2014 unlimited 6 weeks old and 1000 miles and when I went out to get the paper this morning there was a trail in the snow leading to underneath my engine. I had started the engine to warm it up a little and within 5-10 minutes oil was pouring from somewhere up in behind the engine?

When the tow truck arrived he started it up to drive it on and it looked like it leaked another quart or so in 30 seconds?

This is pretty disappointing!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same problem here, just took it to the dealer today. 2014 JKU with 1050 miles only 3 weeks old noticed there was oil in my garage floor under the jeep and certainly when I looked under there was oil everywhere the undercarriage. Still haven't heard from the dealer yet on the issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts