Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1261 - 1269 of 1269 Posts

·
Administrator
18,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,261 ·
We had around 70 Jeeps flag up and deliver pizza, snacks, water, etc to several rural police/fire/emt departments. Long day but a great way to celebrate our first responders this 20th anniversary of 9/11.

For the locals we started in Sand Springs, then to Mannford, Drumright, Cushing and Stroud.

Wife in her Jeep with the dog and me in my Jeep.

·
Administrator
18,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,263 ·
Day 1 of stripping him down, front axle is out, my back is sore and I need a beer. :)
Picking up @SoDakSooner extra jack stands tonight so I can get the rear removed. Then taking the wheels/tires by discount tire to get them swapped to the new 8x170 wheels. Once I have the wheels/tires I'll start stuffing and measuring to make everything fit.

I posted a few of these in the "What did you do" thread earlier, but here's a few pics from the day.

Pretty significant size difference between the factory 44 and the SD60.

·
Administrator
18,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,265 ·
Maybe I should rename this thread "flying along at a snails pace build" LOL

Finished he rear axle welding, only thing left to weld will be the new frame side front track bar mount.

Dropped the front axle onto stands to mimic ride height, I sure hope it doesn't end up at 84" high o_O My garage is only 83"..... Might put a damper on moving to 42s.....

Caster landed at 2 degrees at ride height, I'll adjust it to 7-8 degrees.

·
Administrator
18,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,267 ·
Got the rear axle to the paint shop for paint.
By paint shop I mean I rolled it outside and shot it with some Rustoleum LOL

Rear axle is installed and 3 out of 4 wheels/tires are on the ground :)

RPM 1 ton aluminum tie rod is installed and made the first toe adjustment. Buggered up the bolt on the drag link so it will need to wait.

·
Registered
2017 JKR...
2,104 Posts
Got the rear axle to the paint shop for paint.
By paint shop I mean I rolled it outside and shot it with some Rustoleum LOL

Rear axle is installed and 3 out of 4 wheels/tires are on the ground :)

RPM 1 ton aluminum tie rod is installed and made the first toe adjustment. Buggered up the bolt on the drag link so it will need to wait.

Now that I got my new big rig towing truck when all this vehicle pricing madness calms down I'll be on the hunt for my 4 door donor trail only rig....I'll be headed down this exact path....nice build homie...

Reactions: Blue Baby Sound
1261 - 1269 of 1269 Posts