That STINKS!!! Feel better soon, Mini SportyGirl! :flowers:

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
Looks like a good day, BBS! :)

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
You've GOT to stop posting pictures like this!!!

You're giving Mike waaaaay too many ideas! :rofl2:

Brutus is the :whacky:!

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
This is one absolutely bad ass photo! Any tips for taking the doors off? I did it on my older YJ but the JK doors appear to be heavier. Don't want to have any issues.
ONCE YOU TAKE OFF THE DELIMITING STRAP DO NOT LET GO OF THE DOOR!!! FOR NO REASON SHOULD YOU EVER LET GO OF THE DOOR ONCE THE DELIMITING STRAP IS OFF!!!

Was that emphatic enough for you? :D

I'd get a piece of pipe insulation or cut up a pool noodle and put it across the bottom of the door so if you need to set it down for any reason while carrying it to its final resting place, you will be prepared and not get any scratches from sitting it on the ground.

And don't forget to make sure the windows are down before you pull the door harnesses. Ask me how I know. LOL

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
DId you paint the calipers yourself or does Terraflex have that as an option?

Also, how difficult was the brake install? I imagine rotors and calipers are pretty easy. I'd be a bit leery about doing the master cylinder and brake lines. But if calipers and and rotors require a bleed job, then it is a moot point. I have done everything brake related on a motorcycle but all parts are much easier to get to.

Awesome looking jeep BTW!

NC
For what it's worth, Mike installed stainless brake lines for me last weekend. He bought a brake bleeder vacuum kit off amazon and it worked like a charm. Easy to do and the brakes work fine. I actually think the SS lines feel a little tighter than stock.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
It's definitely a worthy Jeep to showcase. Can I get an autographed copy??? :)
Hey, now! If you're giving out autographed copies, where's mine?!? :D

Looking good, BBS and SportyGirl!

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
Wow! Great photos! :thumb:

Looks like you're having an AWESOME vacation! Brutus looks like such a beast, especially with SportyGirl standing next to him. He makes her look pixie-sized! :)

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
Brutus is looking pretty bad :mooning: on that trailer, BBS! :D

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
Is that a trailer queen joke?? :pc-ouch: :mooning:

I was happy with how he did, but disappointed. It's frustrating when your Jeep isn't where you want it to be... I need to be independently wealthy. :)
Uh-oh! I think I said something offensive when I didn't mean to! :nonono:

I really meant he looked good flexing, no double entendre intended. :flowers:

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
Looks good, BBS! :thumb:

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
Nice! That was an awesome deal! :thumb:

For what it's worth, we've been very happy with Superwinch as a company. Bought Mike's winch for Christmas 2012. Took it wheeling first week of January and used the winch. Wire retainer bolt sheared off the first time he tried it. Called them Monday morning and they sent out a whole new replacement drum assembly, no charge and let us keep the old one. Mike was able to drill the pin out and save it, so we have a spare, just in case. Thought that was awesome customer service! :)

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
We have the same cover on Mike's winch. It's been on for over a year and it looks like hell. LOL

I didn't think of it before we put the cover on, but RIT (the same company that makes fabric dyes) makes a UV protectant for material. You might think about coating your cover in it before it fades/peels to crap. I'm thinking about buying Mike a new one and doing it, since my attempts of getting the cover back to black has been a dismal failure. :facepalm:

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
The labor day sale the cover was only $12.53, Probably just buy a new one when the time comes. They still have a 40% code if you want to order Mike a new cover, it should be the same price.
Wow. I'll have to check it out. Thank you very much! :)

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
Looks nice, BBS! :)

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
Wow! Now that looks like a party! :)

·