Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
221 - 240 of 1282 Posts

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
So, stupid question (since I'm not much of an offroader)...

What is the ultimate purpose to your latest mods? Is it stiffer ride? More flex? Better axle protection? What does the control arm allow for?

I'm sure I could waste 3 hours to research on my own but I was curious so I figured I would ask.

Still waiting on the welding comparison picture as well... :whistling:
Sorry JF, just saw this.
The C gussets re-enforce the weakest area of the axle, by adding gussets I decrease the chance of bending them. Same with the truss, just adding strength to the tubes to lessen the chance of bending. With the heavy tire/wheel combo the wife chose I need all the help I can get :D

My lift kit came with control arms which put the axle back where it should be (raising a jeep pushes the front axle rearward and the rear axle frontward) The CA skids I installed protect the area where the lower CA mounts to the axle.

The monster trackbar allows me to recenter the axle (lifting moves the axle to the drivers side) in my case about 1/2 an inch.

Ball joints in the JK are a weak point, and again the heavier wheels/tires decrease their lifespan.

I'll up load a pic of his weld. Thanks for not letting me forget :nonono: :D

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
With friends like that.......

:D

Snapped a couple of pics in the daylight. Looks killer and no one will ever see it LOL

And for JF a pic of my dad's first ever MIG weld.

Looks awesome! And your response to my question makes it sound like you're beefing up everything (especially the axle) to make Brutus stronger and provide added protection. Don't need him breaking down.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Looks good and great work. Do you have to realign again with the added weight? Curious

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #232 ·
Yes, it was off when I was done. I did some basic measurements to get it back close but have an appointment Monday morning to align and double check my track bar settings. Since this is my first time I feel better having someone double check my work.

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
Wife posted this on Facebook today:

1year ago today I picked up my Brutus after what seemed like a never ending wait. Wow, how he's grown since that day! My husband took my dream and made it a reality!!!! Thank you Jeff for making me a very happy girl!!!!

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
:thumb::thumb:

Congratulations, SportyGirl!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Wife posted this on Facebook today:

1year ago today I picked up my Brutus after what seemed like a never ending wait. Wow, how he's grown since that day! My husband took my dream and made it a reality!!!! Thank you Jeff for making me a very happy girl!!!!

Congrats on the one-year Jeepiversary! I remember like it was yesterday the "special" route Brutus took to get to you.

:drinks::drinks:

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
Thanks, Star!

HA HA, JF. You remember :D
You're welcome!! :)

And you know I remember that, too! I just didn't think to post it! I actually wanted to post it to someone in the waiting room the other day, but I was too lazy to search for it. :lmao:

221 - 240 of 1282 Posts