Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
261 - 280 of 1282 Posts

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
Hey, I'll suggest anything I can think of to try to get you guys down south. :D

And we personally LOVE cheesy cover bands. Our favorite hang out back in Florida was a dive bar called Homerun that had cheesy cover bands four nights a week. Haven't been able to find ANY good dive bars with cover bands around here though. It's all new, indie stuff. :(

·
Administrator
19,757 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Your build continues to be an inspiration. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Thread hi jacking is what WF is all about LOL I drained mine at 23k when did the ball joints, it looked ok. I've crossed water a few times and thought it would best to be safe. Have you thought about welding some C gussets while they're out?
Welding? Are you crazy? I'm barely aloud to use a soldering iron. Seriously, eventually I will have them done. Now is not the time, crazy busy at work.

I thought when I pull the axle the diff oil spills out. No? Brother, it's all new to me. :)

·
Administrator
19,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #268 ·
Welding? Are you crazy? I'm barely aloud to use a soldering iron. Seriously, eventually I will have them done. Now is not the time, crazy busy at work.

I thought when I pull the axle the diff oil spills out. No? Brother, it's all new to me. :)
I hear ya, as much as we'd like to, can't do it all.

I had as little oil come out when the axle was removed, not much. And we carted that thing around for 3 days :). Just stuffed a rag in each end to keep it tidy. Don't be surprised if a little seeps out when the axle is back in, sometimes fluid will get in the tubes.

I'd plan to top off the fluid when you're done and not change it. IMO

Good luck!! :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I hear ya, as much as we'd like to, can't do it all. I had as little oil come out when the axle was removed, not much. And we carted that thing around for 3 days :). Just stuffed a rag in each end to keep it tidy. Don't be surprised if a little seeps out when the axle is back in, sometimes fluid will get in the tubes. I'd plan to top off the fluid when you're done and not change it. IMO Good luck!! :beerdrinking:
Will do. Thanks Blue

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Hey Blue, today I looked at the C's, thinking about welding in gussets, they are thin. Wow. Now I understand the weak link. A good buddy of mine welds. I just built him a vanity cabinet for his cabin. He owes me. :) Can it be done with the axle attached to the jeep?

·
Administrator
19,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #271 ·
Hey Blue, today I looked at the C's, thinking about welding in gussets, they are thin. Wow. Now I understand the weak link. A good buddy of mine welds. I just built him a vanity cabinet for his cabin. He owes me. :) Can it be done with the axle attached to the jeep?
Yep, perfect time to do them with the BJs out. Axle on shouldn't be a problem for your welder.

That's how my whole truss/Cs started was because I needed to do the BJs.

DO IT!! :D

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
Yep, perfect time to do them with the BJs out. Axle on shouldn't be a problem for your welder.

That's how my whole truss/Cs started was because I needed to do the BJs.

DO IT!! :D
SO many comments... :whistling:

:firedevil:

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
Good morning Star. O - your up early. Lol.....
Ah, that was actually just too late, not early. LOL

You'll have to forgive me. I get a little :crazy: when I stay up too late. :D

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts

·
Administrator
19,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
Ever read those negative threads about costing money to run 37s? Why do they always have to be right?? Ughh :doh:

Have noticed a difference in the handling the last couple of weeks. Not sure how to describe it, but it's a little twitchy. Then came some rubbing noise in the rear. I used some google-fu on the WF forum and deduced that it might be a rear flange issue.

So, last night was my regular 5k oil change/tire rotation, I went ahead and put the Jeep up on stands to check the runout on the rear axle. Sure enough as soon as I put it in drive I could hear the back, then I look and they're having trouble even just rotating. I didn't measure with a dial but could see about an 1/8th" wobble when I held a pencil up to it.

So looks like I'll be ordering some axle shafts today, believe I've decided on these: Revolution Axle, 07-15 Jeep JK, Rubicon US Made Rear Axle Kit, 32 Spine

I knew this day was coming when the wife decided on 37s instead of the 35s I'd planned. BUT, we really haven't wheeled that hard, so I'm a little surprised.

Anywho, wish me luck. Hopefully they'll be in by the end of next week.

261 - 280 of 1282 Posts