Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
341 - 360 of 1282 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Jealous, once again! I really need to do gears! Think I'll do 4.56's with ARB covers. Funny how I don't blink an eye spending thousands on looks, but when it comes to most practical mod I'm squirmish.. ha
That's if I can stay out of the gun shop >.>

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #342 ·
Jealous, once again! I really need to do gears! Think I'll do 4.56's with ARB covers. Funny how I don't blink an eye spending thousands on looks, but when it comes to most practical mod I'm squirmish.. ha
Hmmmmm now that you mention it I don't think I've bought a gun since we bought this Jeep..... :confused:

You're absolutely correct, don't know why it's hard to spend $$ on stuff you can't see. But don't you think Remmy wants you to get new gears?? :D

And thanks for reminding me to order new diff covers while I'm at it. :drinks:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Harmon 4x4, recommended by several Jeeper buddies. After much discussion with several shops I landed on 4.88. That will put me almost exactly the same effective ratio as your 4.56s. You like them?
I've heard good things about Harmon as well. Yes I'm very happy with my 4.56s. I towed a 5x8 full of camping gear to Osage hills camping 2 weeks ago. It never downshifted and pulled everything. I think 4.88s you will be happy. Are you getting diff covers? Pretty cheap and they look good and might as well since it will all be apart anyway.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Hmmmmm now that you mention it I don't think I've bought a gun since we bought this Jeep.....

You're absolutely correct, don't know why it's hard to spend $$ on stuff you can't see. But don't you think Remmy wants you to get new gears??

And thanks for reminding me to order new diff covers while I'm at it.
Wait, I'll give you the mailing address to where you can ship those covers! :0

Yeah Remmy agrees, I need 6th gear back... haha
What programmer do you have? Seen the flashpaq for $150 that does gears and tire size. Mines a base model sport so I shouldn't need anything too fancy? I had a 2011 ram hemi with longtube headers and a trinity hemifever tune, I wanna stay away from tunes if possible....

·
Registered
31 Posts
So I did my due diligence and read through all 12 pages of this thread looking to see if it had been discussed already **cough cough** (Blatant lie LOL)

I was wondering if you had anything good or bad to report on the Teraflex big brake kit after owning it for a while now? Now that I'm running on 37" tires I am worried that I am going to just murder my brake pads with all of that extra weight spinning around. This is my 3rd JK and I am already less than impressed with the stock brake life that I experienced on the last 2. Would you buy it again? Suggest something else?

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #351 ·
So I did my due diligence and read through all 12 pages of this thread looking to see if it had been discussed already **cough cough** (Blatant lie LOL) I was wondering if you had anything good or bad to report on the Teraflex big brake kit after owning it for a while now? Now that I'm running on 37" tires I am worried that I am going to just murder my brake pads with all of that extra weight spinning around. This is my 3rd JK and I am already less than impressed with the stock brake life that I experienced on the last 2. Would you buy it again? Suggest something else?
This is the second JK I've run the kit on. I've run it so long I don't remember the stock feel....
I like it but never run anything else to compare. I can tell you I've never wanted more out of them. Normal driving and towing they seem to brake just fine.

Tons are in my future so the brakes will get an upgrade then.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Awesome man, glad you got the diff covers. Be sure to tell us how the gears feel.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Congrats blue! Did they flash the jeep for the new gear ratio? Diff covers look sweet.

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #359 ·
Congrats blue! Did they flash the jeep for the new gear ratio? Diff covers look sweet.
Thanks jjeepp!
Yes, I left my flashcal with them. Also tires have worn down to about 36" so they reset that as well. Harmon 4x4 did a great job!!

In 9 hours I've put 4 heat cycles and 140 miles on them. EVIC average is 17.5, I haven't gone over 55 yet.

We'll see how it goes. Would like to get them broken in by the weekend and take him out Sunday and play. :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sounds good. Glad to hear Harmon is a good business I might need them someday. I'm getting 17.8 mpg so your mpg seems about right. You will feel the difference when you break them in.

341 - 360 of 1282 Posts