Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
21 - 40 of 1282 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Very nice. I have the very same car in the same color coming soon - I hope - and this gives me good ideas.
Very same what??

Great looking Jeep! Very impressive!

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
simply stunning !!!! i'm loving the new look. i'm starting to get new wheel and tire envy lol

·
Administrator
19,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
So it started off as a normal Friday night with an evening soccer game for one one the kids. Thought I would snap a few pics of Brutus topless:

Then we planned on meeting up with the Jeep club that evening.

Unfortunately we ended up here with a knee injury:

Not sure exactly what's going on yet, have to meet with an Orthopedic on Monday. BUT she did score a goal before she got hurt. 10 years of soccer and she's never gone down and stayed down, now she's out for the rest of the tournament.

Soccer is over soon then we'll be able to take him out and get dirty

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
That STINKS!!! Feel better soon, Mini SportyGirl! :flowers:

·
Registered
79 Posts
How You Liking The BMF's?

·
Administrator
19,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Just a week in, but so far, so good. They get a lot of compliments. No issues for wheel/tire balancing.

It will be June before we get to wheel. This month we have 1 kid graduating High School, 1 graduating College and 1 getting married. Gonna be a busy month... But I'll report in on the 1st adventure.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Hey BBS, I'm about to pull the trigger on a lift, wheels and tires but had a question about the TF Tire Carrier.

I like that one over the AEV mainly because it keeps the tire centered and you don't lose the passenger side tow hook; but do you have any trouble accessing the handle to open the tailgate?

I've read threads where people have installed the carrier without the hinged part but I'd be worried about damaging the tailgate over time.

·
Administrator
19,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Hey BBS, I'm about to pull the trigger on a lift, wheels and tires but had a question about the TF Tire Carrier.

I like that one over the AEV mainly because it keeps the tire centered and you don't lose the passenger side tow hook; but do you have any trouble accessing the handle to open the tailgate?

I've read threads where people have installed the carrier without the hinged part but I'd be worried about damaging the tailgate over time.

She has no issues with handle clearance, tire is centered, handle is easily reached, hinges are stiff, the hinge is heavy duty and feels good. The bumpstops still aren't in though.

Are you keeping the X bumper?

I'll take a pic tonight that shows the space available to grab the handle. :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
She has no issues with handle clearance, tire is centered, handle is easily reached, hinges are stiff, the hinge is heavy duty and feels good. The bumpstops still aren't in though. Are you keeping the X bumper? I'll take a pic tonight that shows the space available to grab the handle. :beerdrinking:
Cool, thanks!

Yeah, I'm keeping the X bumper. AEV's carrier will work with the hole in the stock X bumper but the tire favors the passenger side and I may have to lose the passenger side rear tow hook; but I saw a thread that said there's a way to save it. I like the look of the TF one.

Like everything else it seems pricey, but then again I haven't really compared the costs of others yet.

21 - 40 of 1282 Posts