Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
521 - 540 of 1282 Posts

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #521 ·
Dropped Brutus off at the dealer for an oil drip which I suspected was the rear main seal (looked exactly like our '13 when it's rear main leaked)
Dealer called to confirm it was the rear main.
40k miles, covered under powertrain warranty. :thumb:

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #526 ·
Ughhhh, dealer didn't finish it again today. So now they say tomorrow (Friday). Seriously???? 5 days for a rear main? This is why I try and do most work myself. Also, when Thor (the '13 JKU) had the rear main replaced they did it in 2 days.

Ditched the Saturn for a rental Challenger (dealer paid for)

Wish me luck for tomorrow :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Ughhhh, dealer didn't finish it again today. So now they say tomorrow (Friday). Seriously???? 5 days for a rear main? This is why I try and do most work myself. Also, when Thor (the '13 JKU) had the rear main replaced they did it in 2 days.

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/the...0D3600D8-3041-46A8-8574-4D3BE569950B.jpg.html

Well at least the challenger is fun.

·
Premium Member
2,500 Posts

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/the...0D3600D8-3041-46A8-8574-4D3BE569950B.jpg.html

If they don't have your rig ready by tomorrow you need to take that challenger to the track this weekend. :)

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #531 ·
So Brutus came back Monday and has gone all week w/o any oil leak. Exhaust was rattling so I had to adjust it. Dealer probably would have taken 2 weeks to do it.... ughh..

Ace license relocate came in, installed it today.

With the lights on (tag light)

And the 3rd brake light:

The quality is top notch and I like the tag light/brake light that many of the other relocate frames don't have.
2 issues:
1) no instructions. Really ACE?? :pc-ouch:
2) bolt to hold the outer frame is impossible to reach with my backspace. I'll have to remove it and fab an extension (weld on) to get it out a little further.

Last weekend I helped install ball joints for @okstatejk, he recommended the Griffin Steering Attenuator so I ordered one of those today. Rumor has it the Yeti linkage will get one soon, if so I'll order the Yeti drag link/track bar with one and install this attenuator on Gin's new Jeep.

Griffin Jeep JK Wrangler Steering Attenuator | Steer Smarts

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #533 ·
Like the looks of that bracket! I have been looking at a few. Looks like you had a busy weekend. All I did was paint. No jeep fun at all so living vicariously through you....lol.
LOL!
Fun weekend, had a gig at a new club so that added some excitement.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Glad they got the leak fixed. :)
License plate bracket and lighting looks great. :thumb:
Surprised that bolt is so far tucked in.
Nice thing about metal, it can be lengthened and shortened.
My motto is "measure once, and weld it longer!"

521 - 540 of 1282 Posts