Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
541 - 560 of 1282 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I'd go on that trip! Not much dirt on that baby. I'd imagine it doesn't get out much.

In all honesty though, build quality looks fantastic.

Bet you he didn't pay more than $950.... How'd you like to pay the tag costs on that bad boy?

·
Premium Member
2,500 Posts
cool pics of the MB6x6. Pretty cool you can air up or down by flipping a switch in the cabin. Can't believe MB quit making them after 2 years. From 350k to $1m overnight. At 950k, it's only 910k over my budget.

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #547 ·
cool pics of the MB6x6. Pretty cool you can air up or down by flipping a switch in the cabin. Can't believe MB quit making them after 2 years. From 350k to $1m overnight. At 950k, it's only 910k over my budget.
Ha ha! Don't worry, it's 950 over my budget :)

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Wow! :eek:
Even my wallet started screaming.
Very cool vehicle though, and the build quality looks awesome! :thumb:

Looks like a new friend you haven't yet met. :)

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #549 ·
Weather in the upper 70s so I pulled the top for the weekend. Installed the Teraflex 1.25" body lift (even though I don't have to worry about the gate rubbing the bumper anymore.) Figure if I don't like it it can come off fairly easy. When I was under the Jeep I noticed that the cross member in front of the trans has taken a hit and bent a little. Guess I'll be researching replacements today. And the wire loom for the rock lights got too close the the muffler and melted the loom and a couple of wires. Broke out the soldering gun and fixed those.

First impressions, can tell there's some added height. No noticeable change in balance or road manners.

A couple of crappy cell phone pics form the parking lot at work (no AMG 6x6 parked there this morning :)
Not a big fan of the space between the rock rails and the body now. I plan on different rock rails anyway, so I may wait until that decision is made before forming my final opinion on the BL.

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #551 ·
Looks good. I so wanted to take the top off this weekend. Just no time. Maybe this week.

Now we need to get out and test it off road...lol.
Absolutely we do!

I play the next two weekends, then off for a month. We'll figure out a time then and find some place to go.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I just read through your entire thread. Great stuff man! You should really do a write up on trimming the stock fenders. They look awesome.

I also want to thank you for confirming my decision to go with 35s. I am not saying I don't want to change the Gussets, ball joints, etc, but initially I am thinking a quality lift (probably metalcloak) and 35s. And that'll give me plenty of time to play without worry.

Im only 2 and 1/2 hours from you. You seem like a pretty solid guy with a lot of knowledge. I may have to pay you and the misses to loads of food and wine and other things for some help haha.

Anywho, keep it up. Love the rig.

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #553 ·
I just read through your entire thread. Great stuff man! You should really do a write up on trimming the stock fenders. They look awesome.

I also want to thank you for confirming my decision to go with 35s. I am not saying I don't want to change the Gussets, ball joints, etc, but initially I am thinking a quality lift (probably metalcloak) and 35s. And that'll give me plenty of time to play without worry.

Im only 2 and 1/2 hours from you. You seem like a pretty solid guy with a lot of knowledge. I may have to pay you and the misses to loads of food and wine and other things for some help haha.

Anywho, keep it up. Love the rig.
Thanks man. Always happy to help when I can.

We get to Overland Park at least once a year with the kid's soccer. If I can remember we'll hit you up next time :thumb:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Thanks man. Always happy to help when I can.

We get to Overland Park at least once a year with the kid's soccer. If I can remember we'll hit you up next time :thumb:
Heck yeah man. Do! I actually live in Lenexa, which is right around the corner from Overland Park. I played soccer 13 years. My dad coached. I was a ref. I played in an old mans work league when I lived in Louisiana. I miss it!

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #555 ·
Bookmark #2

HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY BRUTUS!!

Today marks two years ago Brutus arrived at the dealership. 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Copperhead Pearl.

Brutus started off the wife's DD but three months ago she bought a new one and Brutus became mine.

We rarely have time to wheel but the first 2 years we've done:
Ouachita National Forest (2x- 5 days each)
Ozark National Forest (3 day, primitive camping)
K Trail
Disney, OK
White Water ORV Park (3x)

Currently 41k miles.

SPECS:
4.88 gears
3" Mopar/Teraflex Lift
1.25" TF body lift
37x13.5x17 Toyo Open Country MT
BMF Novakane (Death Metal) 17x9 wheels
Artec front axle truss/C gussets/CA skids
Teraflex monster track bar