Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
561 - 580 of 1282 Posts

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #562 ·
You seriously need to come do that fender mod to mine. :) Did you just measure, draw a line and dremel?
It's only a 4 hour drive :)
I used blue painters tape, kept moving it until I found a line I liked. Cut with a jigsaw. Dremel probably would have worked better.

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #564 ·
What did you end up doing with the light? remove bulb and zip tie harness?
Correct.
Not sure what fender I'll go with long term, so I haven't cut the metal bracket that extrudes out and just tucked the wiring out of the way.

Pretty sure I'm going to try the no fender look with the Genright flare deletes
GenRight JK "NO" Flare, FRONT ALUM
GenRight JK "NO" Flare REAR, ALUM

I have steering upgrades to do first though, about ready to pull the trigger on them. I'll post more on that when I make the order (hopefully this week)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Correct.
Not sure what fender I'll go with long term, so I haven't cut the metal bracket that extrudes out and just tucked the wiring out of the way.

Pretty sure I'm going to try the no fender look with the Genright flare deletes
GenRight JK "NO" Flare, FRONT ALUM
GenRight JK "NO" Flare REAR, ALUM

I have steering upgrades to do first though, about ready to pull the trigger on them. I'll post more on that when I make the order (hopefully this week)
Nice. Going with a high steer kit? Metalcloak's? Or something else with fox ats?

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #566 ·
Nice. Going with a high steer kit? Metalcloak's? Or something else with fox ats?
Guess I can spill the beans, doing the Yeti system LINK. I was going with the FOX ATS, but for only $130ish dollars more I'm pretty sure I'll move up to hydro steering LINK

Grand baby #3 came this week, when the wife gets home from Houston in a couple of weeks we'll discuss and order. Hopefully have installed by the end of the month/early next month.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Congrats on #3. The more musicians on this planet, the better.
Did Gin take a Jr. drum set down with her? ;)

My brother has five kids, and for one Christmas they each got a musical instrument from "Santa". The "wild one" got drums.
After a couple of weeks, my brother calls and says, "... any more presents that make noise, stay at your house!".

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #569 ·
Congrats on #3. The more musicians on this planet, the better.
Did Gin take a Jr. drum set down with her? ;)

My brother has five kids, and for one Christmas they each got a musical instrument from "Santa". The "wild one" got drums.
After a couple of weeks, my brother calls and says, "... any more presents that make noise, stay at your house!".
That's hilarious!! No drums yet, but they do have a guitar and a bass already in the house :D Thank you!

I appreciate all your help!! Just discussed with the wife and she gave me the go ahead. I'll order it all in the next few days.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Guess I can spill the beans, doing the Yeti system LINK. I was going with the FOX ATS, but for only $130ish dollars more I'm pretty sure I'll move up to hydro steering LINK

Grand baby #3 came this week, when the wife gets home from Houston in a couple of weeks we'll discuss and order. Hopefully have installed by the end of the month/early next month.
That's a nice chunk of change. But, the YETI with hydro assist should be nice :)

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Before you commit to welding a new TB mount and all that requires to make the flip, it might be worth trying the Yeti system in the stock orientation first.

I was doing some measurements, and I don't see the advantage of the flip with our specific lifts, since our down travel is a bit more limited than other lifts. We also aren't lifted enough to have a bump steer issue. It's a very well engineered kit overall. :thumb:

Any way, just something to consider. Would be worth talking with Yeti, and see if the kit is the same with the addition of the tapered collar for the flip kit. Then talking with the guys at Teraflex and get their input. They have similar kits.

I try not to get caught up in the "kit du jour" syndrome as much as possible, but I definitely like the design of the Yeti Tie Rod.

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #575 ·
Before you commit to welding a new TB mount and all that requires to make the flip, it might be worth trying the Yeti system in the stock orientation first.

I was doing some measurements, and I don't see the advantage of the flip with our specific lifts, since our down travel is a bit more limited than other lifts. We also aren't lifted enough to have a bump steer issue. It's a very well engineered kit overall. :thumb:

Any way, just something to consider. Would be worth talking with Yeti, and see if the kit is the same with the addition of the tapered collar for the flip kit. Then talking with the guys at Teraflex and get their input. They have similar kits.

I try not to get caught up in the "kit du jour" syndrome as much as possible, but I definitely like the design of the Yeti Tie Rod.

Good points to consider.Thanks! Still brewing everything in my head before I order.

I never welded the artec TB bracket with my kit, so one way or the other a new bracket will be installed.

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #576 ·

Thanks for having my back, Teraflex also suggested a standard drag link. :thumb:
Good call!!!!! Beer's on me next ride :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Good call on a stronger TB bracket. That will pay dividends with the assist. :)

Sharing a cold beer, and swapping stories around the campfire is a great way to spend the evening! I'll bring the stuff to make S'mores...:dance:

·
Vendor
739 Posts

The main difference is you don't drill the knuckle on any of our draglinks. With our patented reverse taper mount we can mount top or bottom with no alterations to the knuckle. And, we have a third draglink that mounts on top for the guys that did drill their knuckle and want to upgrade to a YETI.

561 - 580 of 1282 Posts