Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
81 - 100 of 1282 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Thanks!
Super easy install, I've done 2 of them now. The parts come in bare, I used the brush on duplicolor caliper paint with Mopar paint for the letters. First I painted the caliper brackets while off the Jeep. Then painted the calipers while on the Jeep, just hung them in the wheel well and let dry overnight. At this point it still looks perfect, but who knows how it will hold up long term.

No bleeding is necessary. I'm still undecided if I'll do the master when I do the stainless lines. Probably will do both so I only have to bleed once.

Here's the Teraflex video on the install
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQsqF7xKCfk
Thanks for the link.

BTW, that Window Sticker that had your name on it is pretty cool. I did not know Jeep did that when you custom ordered. That alone makes a special order really special.

NC

·
Registered
1,355 Posts

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
It's definitely a worthy Jeep to showcase. Can I get an autographed copy??? :)
Hey, now! If you're giving out autographed copies, where's mine?!? :D

Looking good, BBS and SportyGirl!

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
Wow! Great photos! :thumb:

Looks like you're having an AWESOME vacation! Brutus looks like such a beast, especially with SportyGirl standing next to him. He makes her look pixie-sized! :)

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Great looking photos BBS!
Wow! Great photos! :thumb:

Looks like you're having an AWESOME vacation! Brutus looks like such a beast, especially with SportyGirl standing next to him. He makes her look pixie-sized! :)

Thanks guys, coming home from vacation is always the hardest.....
Sportygirl did great, that was her first time on the trails.

We went topless and one night there was 30% chance of rain. I took the freedom panels and put them on the front prior to the 4" OF RAIN!!! Thank goodness no carpet and I had pulled the drain plugs. Seats dried out in a day.

Fenders will be cut soon, hopefully this week. The final option (PS Flares) will have to wait until after the re-gear, winch & seat covers. :nonono: I need more $$.......

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Played hooky from work and went with the Jeep club to Kicker and met the Metalcloak guys.

They brought their trailer and we got to flex and get measured.

Measured a 660, meh.... As I've said before, the fenders have to go. Noticed today that I'll need more trimming in the rear tub. Maybe need a 1" BL as well. BUT he's getting closer.

Here's some pics of the Metalcloak rig and Kicker.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
Brutus is looking pretty bad :mooning: on that trailer, BBS! :D

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
That's pretty cool! What does it mean to be measured at 660?
This page explains it better than I can.
What is Corner Travel Index?

Corner Travel Index or CTI measures a vehicle's maximum axle/wheel articulation at the four corners of the vehicle, often referred to as “flex”. The CTI is used in the off-roading industry to quantify the axle/wheel articulation in order to compare the performance potential of a wide variety of vehicles and vehicle builds. CTI totals the articulated wheel travel of each individual tire on the vehicle (in inches) and multiplies that total by 10 (ten).

Brutus is looking pretty bad :mooning: on that trailer, BBS! :D
Is that a trailer queen joke?? :pc-ouch: :mooning:

I was happy with how he did, but disappointed. It's frustrating when your Jeep isn't where you want it to be... I need to be independently wealthy. :)

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
Is that a trailer queen joke?? :pc-ouch: :mooning:

I was happy with how he did, but disappointed. It's frustrating when your Jeep isn't where you want it to be... I need to be independently wealthy. :)
Uh-oh! I think I said something offensive when I didn't mean to! :nonono:

I really meant he looked good flexing, no double entendre intended. :flowers:

81 - 100 of 1282 Posts