Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1161 - 1180 of 1282 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Sorry to hijack...... but I am not sure where/if there is an ongoing discussion about your other jeep (orange wheels)

Couple of questions:

US Wheels Rat-Rod?

What backspacing etc?

Pictures of the US Wheel rat-rods show some chrome center-cap, I’m assuming those are either additional, or you just don’t use them? I am looking for new wheels for the JK, and want minimalistic.....

Paint...... did you order the ones they sell as “bare”?

I am assuming they aren’t prepped with ANYTHING, so you need to spray them down inside and out to prevent them from rusting?

Thanks. Both awesome jeeps.....

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,166 ·
Sorry to hijack...... but I am not sure where/if there is an ongoing discussion about your other jeep (orange wheels)

Couple of questions:

US Wheels Rat-Rod?

What backspacing etc?

Pictures of the US Wheel rat-rods show some chrome center-cap, I’m assuming those are either additional, or you just don’t use them? I am looking for new wheels for the JK, and want minimalistic.....

Paint...... did you order the ones they sell as “bare”?

I am assuming they aren’t prepped with ANYTHING, so you need to spray them down inside and out to prevent them from rusting?

Thanks. Both awesome jeeps.....
Thanks Beatrice. That's the wheel on my my wife's Jeep Wookiee
The company is called US Wheel and like you said it's their Rat Rod design. They came completely unfinished. US Wheel's backspacing depends on width of the wheel, but none were as low as we needed. So we went with a 9" wide at 5" of BS, then added a 1.25" spacer.

We left the center cap off, there wasn't anything that fit the "feel" we wanted.

Hardly a day goes by that someone doesn't compliment her wheels. I know they're not for everyone but they're exactly what we wanted for her build. Coming up on 3 years with them and there's been no issues, just a few chips in the powder coat from the trails.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Thanks Beatrice. That's the wheel on my my wife's Jeep Wookiee
The company is called US Wheel and like you said it's their Rat Rod design. They came completely unfinished. US Wheel's backspacing depends on width of the wheel, but none were as low as we needed. So we went with a 9" wide at 5" of BS, then added a 1.25" spacer.

We left the center cap off, there wasn't anything that fit the "feel" we wanted.

Hardly a day goes by that someone doesn't compliment her wheels. I know they're not for everyone but they're exactly what we wanted for her build. Coming up on 3 years with them and there's been no issues, just a few chips in the powder coat from the trails.
Did you powdercoat them inside and out, and do you “need” to powdercoat inside and out to prevent rust?

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,170 ·
Well........

I don't believe in procrastinating :ROFLMAO: but a thing is happening......
Made the first step in the wonton swap.

Doing a 2005 Ford SD 60 up front and a 2001 Chevy 14 bolt in back.
Plan on 5.38 gears
Not 100% on lockers but OX is where I'm leaning right now.

I also plan on a cosmetic make over top to bottom. Something along the lines of the CJ below.

Anywho, wish me luck (y) and please drop any hints or recommendations below.

Donor vehicle

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Awesome. Ive been looking for a wrecked ford too. Yell at me when you want to start cutting. I am game. need to get some Jeep work going again. Maybe we can weld on my new rear axle brackets at the same time (all artec btw).

You know how to get a hold of me.

1161 - 1180 of 1282 Posts