Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
121 - 140 of 1282 Posts

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
Nice! That was an awesome deal! :thumb:

For what it's worth, we've been very happy with Superwinch as a company. Bought Mike's winch for Christmas 2012. Took it wheeling first week of January and used the winch. Wire retainer bolt sheared off the first time he tried it. Called them Monday morning and they sent out a whole new replacement drum assembly, no charge and let us keep the old one. Mike was able to drill the pin out and save it, so we have a spare, just in case. Thought that was awesome customer service! :)

·
Commercial Member
1,045 Posts
That looks really sharp. I'd like to swap mine out for a synthetic setup. Mine has done very well for several recoveries of others, but I always pucker a bit with the metal. Never wanted for more power on my Super 10k.

Have you determined how you'll keep the line covered? UV sunlight supposedly kills the line quick. Too bad the rash sleeve wasn't long enough to keep the top completely covered.

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Have you determined how you'll keep the line covered? UV sunlight supposedly kills the line quick. Too bad the rash sleeve wasn't long enough to keep the top completely covered.
Thanks Mike/Star.

We ordered the neoprene cover for it. I like the look of an exposed winch, but like you have read that sunlight is the enemy.

Congrats on getting War pIg back home!

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
We have the same cover on Mike's winch. It's been on for over a year and it looks like hell. LOL

I didn't think of it before we put the cover on, but RIT (the same company that makes fabric dyes) makes a UV protectant for material. You might think about coating your cover in it before it fades/peels to crap. I'm thinking about buying Mike a new one and doing it, since my attempts of getting the cover back to black has been a dismal failure. :facepalm:

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
We have the same cover on Mike's winch. It's been on for over a year and it looks like hell. LOL

I didn't think of it before we put the cover on, but RIT (the same company that makes fabric dyes) makes a UV protectant for material. You might think about coating your cover in it before it fades/peels to crap. I'm thinking about buying Mike a new one and doing it, since my attempts of getting the cover back to black has been a dismal failure. :facepalm:
The labor day sale the cover was only $12.53, Probably just buy a new one when the time comes. They still have a 40% code if you want to order Mike a new cover, it should be the same price.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
The labor day sale the cover was only $12.53, Probably just buy a new one when the time comes. They still have a 40% code if you want to order Mike a new cover, it should be the same price.
Wow. I'll have to check it out. Thank you very much! :)

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
The good, the bad, and the ugly

Had a good weekend, got the storage building cleaned up, took the wife to a nice steak dinner, and got to wheel.
We had some tight, tight trails and I got my first pinstripes.
Ordered some new cutting pads to get them buffed out, we'll see how it goes :)

OH and Sportygirl decided she wants a duece and a half:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Killer build man! Did you go to the deal with Sam's off-road down in Southeast OK? I wanted to do that but just didn't have enough heads up on the event. I just heard about it last week. I am new to the Jeep world and noticed that you're in Glenpool. Are there any good clubs or events around our area? I am looking to find a good group to get hooked up with.

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Thanks!!

We had quite a few from our club that went to Clayton for the Sam's event, it looked awesome!! We had plans that kept us from going, so a small group of us took a short trip to Keystone on Sunday. Several others in our group went to Disney.

Tomorrow night is at Hamptons Kustomworks 1900 W Lola st Broken Arrow. I won't be there but feel free to show up and introduce yourself. Should be some carnage from Clayton being repaired. :)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Thanks!!

We had quite a few from our club that went to Clayton for the Sam's event, it looked awesome!! We had plans that kept us from going, so a small group of us took a short trip to Keystone on Sunday. Several others in our group went to Disney.

We've been in Jeepers Anonymous for a little over a year and love it. Check them out at https://www.facebook.com/groups/jeepersanonymous/
There are 1st year dues of $35, $25 a year afterwards. We meet every Tuesday somewhere, do community charity events and wheel on the weekends. Usually always something going on.

Tomorrow night is at Hamptons Kustomworks 1900 W Lola st Broken Arrow. I won't be there but feel free to show up and introduce yourself. Should be some carnage from Clayton being repaired. :)
Thanks! I will try to check it out. I came out of a Shelby GT500 and there were tons of groups/clubs for those around here. Hoping I can get in with some good people in the Jeep world.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Impressive build, whats next on the list?

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Impressive build, whats next on the list?
On the fence right now, torn between spending short term $ on the stock d44 or biting the bullet and going with a prorock w/ rcv, knuckles & ball joints. Still saving for a re-gear too.

I need to be richer... :)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
On the fence right now, torn between spending short term $ on the stock d44 or biting the bullet and going with a prorock w/ rcv, knuckles & ball joints. Still saving for a re-gear too.

I need to be richer... :)
I saw that every day I get into my jeep and two times when someone with a more advanced build passes me lol

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
When my Jeep Grows up...

Blue Baby Sound, :worthy:Great looking Brutus JEEP!:worthy:

When my Jeep grows up (Still Nameless), it wants to look somewhat like yours! But BAJA YELLOW! And 2Dr.

First Happy New Year!

I would like to ask you a few questions:

1. How tall is your Brutus? I am going with the same lift you have the Mopar stage 3 lift, but only going to do 35s. The reason I am asking is want to make sure it will still fits in the garage!

2. On the lift did you add the Teraflex Monster Front Forged Adjustable Trackbar and the rear one too?

3. Are you using a steering stabilizer? If so which one?

4. What paint did you use to paint the exhaust?

5. Have you added the reinforced brake lines yet?

6. Have you experienced any sagging with the springs on the lift kit?

Again what an awesome looking Brutus!!

121 - 140 of 1282 Posts