Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
141 - 160 of 1282 Posts

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Blue Baby Sound, :worthy:Great looking Brutus JEEP!:worthy:

When my Jeep grows up (Still Nameless), it wants to look somewhat like yours! But BAJA YELLOW! And 2Dr.

First Happy New Year!

I would like to ask you a few questions:

1. How tall is your Brutus? I am going with the same lift you have the Mopar stage 3 lift, but only going to do 35s. The reason I am asking is want to make sure it will still fits in the garage!

2. On the lift did you add the Teraflex Monster Front Forged Adjustable Trackbar and the rear one too?

3. Are you using a steering stabilizer? If so which one?

4. What paint did you use to paint the exhaust?

5. Have you added the reinforced brake lines yet?

6. Have you experienced any sagging with the springs on the lift kit?

Again what an awesome looking Brutus!!
Thanks!! Happy new year. And Baja Yellow rocks!

1) 6' 4"
2) In back I used the factory relocation bracket that came with the kit . The front needs one, but I haven't done it yet.
3) Using the factory stabilizer
4) VHT High Temp Wrinkle Plus. But a small section is wearing off, I'll try something new next time.
5) No changes with the lines, just drop brackets
6) No Sagging

Good luck on your build!!

·
Registered
863 Posts
I just finished reading all of the pages of your thread, nice Rubicon! Have you done any extras to the front D44? I have the same lift and will be stepping up to 37s the next time I need tires. I am curious if you have had anything break on you front axle with 37s. One more thing, how are your drive shafts doing?

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
I just finished reading all of the pages of your thread, nice Rubicon! Have you done any extras to the front D44? I have the same lift and will be stepping up to 37s the next time I need tires. I am curious if you have had anything break on you front axle with 37s. One more thing, how are your drive shafts doing?
Thanks!!
D44 is all stock, I've done mild wheeling with it, no issues. It's high up on my list to reinforce it with C's & sleeves. No issues with the shafts.
So many wants, so little $$ :)

·
Registered
863 Posts
I hear ya about little $$$. I got the Artec truss and gussets set for Christmas. Something tells me they will be sitting for a while until I have the money to buy sleeves, ball joints, and pay someone to weld everything on for me. I have read that welding that truss and gussets is not a quick job. Eventually, I'm going to upgrade drive shafts too. I have torn the boots on both shafts that cover the place on the drive shafts where it slides back and forth. There is always something, and these items aren't even aesthetically pleasing, just functional.

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Not much going on with Brutus. I did upgrade the LEDs in the floorboard, added puddle lights to come on when I unlock the doors, wired up some rock lights and added a Rugged Ridge "A" pillar and switches to control it all.

Also did a little wheeling with TreyJK here on the forum.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
Looks nice, BBS! :)

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Looks nice, BBS! :)
Thank you!

Looking good BBS! How easy are the floor board LED's? I'm thinking about upgrading my interior lighting. I'm still stock so maybe I should upgrade the sound bar lights first???
Super easy. They are a small LED mounted on a circuit board. I removed the LED, replaced with the new one and used the same wiring.
FYI- I also used that wiring to activated the relay for the puddle lights. I used a small round LED for the puddle lights, probably replace it later with a long strip for more even coverage.

Oh, and he's still a dirty boy today:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Super easy. They are a small LED mounted on a circuit board. I removed the LED, replaced with the new one and used the same wiring.
FYI- I also used that wiring to activated the relay for the puddle lights. I used a small round LED for the puddle lights, probably replace it later with a long strip for more even coverage.
It's sounds like the floorboards are a simple swap without any wiring, correct?

If so, would you mind sending me a link to the ones you purchased.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
19,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
It's sounds like the floorboards are a simple swap without any wiring, correct?

If so, would you mind sending me a link to the ones you purchased.

Thanks!
I bought them from a local Jeep guy, but I believe they are THESE
I removed the plastic bracket that housed the old one, drilled it out, installed the new one then soldered connections and taped.
I did 14 total around the Jeep.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I bought them from a local Jeep guy, but I believe they are THESE
I removed the plastic bracket that housed the old one, drilled it out, installed the new one then soldered connections and taped.
I did 14 total around the Jeep.
:thumb: Thanks.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
Wow! Now that looks like a party! :)

·
Build Thread Queen
13,189 Posts
Looks like you had a fun day! :thumb:

141 - 160 of 1282 Posts