Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
12,000 miles, and the check-engine light came on.
It was the Oil Pressure Sending unit sensor.
I bought a newone (MOPAR) and my mechanic just told me that he will have to remove the intake manifold and all of the injectors to get at the sensor.

This seems a bit overboard to me.

Does anyone have a good photo to show where this sensor is located on a 2014 JK?

J

·
Registered
784 Posts
Seems fishy he's condemning it without even getting to it. How's he calling it bad? Those aren't usual items to go bad at that mileage. It also shouldn't be a Check Engine light on for oil pressure. What code is the computer showing?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't use the warranty. As soon as I ordered the Jeep (factory build) I was assigned to Hungary. I had the Jeep shipped over here to Eastern Europe where there are isJeep warranty repair center. In three months I move to Pakistan on another assignment, and will have the Jeep professionally stored in belgium until I depart there (in 2017). I move a lot :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The error we got was P0520. We tried just resetting the computer, but this code keeps coming back on. The oil is fine, and the engine is running well.

J

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just dealt with this .......$38 oil pressure sensor and yes you have to remove the intake to replace and then use new gaskets for the intake when you reinstall .......P0520 gone now ....... some bad sensors from manufacturer, so be sure to get the "improved" sensor.

·
Premium Member
9,794 Posts
12,000 miles, and the check-engine light came on.
It was the Oil Pressure Sending unit sensor.
I bought a newone (MOPAR) and my mechanic just told me that he will have to remove the intake manifold and all of the injectors to get at the sensor.

This seems a bit overboard to me.

Does anyone have a good photo to show where this sensor is located on a 2014 JK?

J
How long has it been on? Mine cleared itself after a week and hasn't come back on since.

Oil pressure is fine...

·
Premium Member
9,794 Posts
Just dealt with this .......$38 oil pressure sensor and yes you have to remove the intake to replace and then use new gaskets for the intake when you reinstall .......P0520 gone now ....... some bad sensors from manufacturer, so be sure to get the "improved" sensor.
Please post the PN of the "improved" sensor ...

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1. Yes - please post the "improved sensor" details!
2. Mine ran for 30 days so far. It won't reset, even after trying to reset it with the computer.

J

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Just a bad lot. Nothing really improved. Mine did the saem thing. Threw the 520 code. The sensor is underneath the intake plenum. So a gasket set is required to swap the sensor out. My oil pressure set at 99 psi and stayed there. Even with the engine off.

'14 JKUR-X

Bob K.

·
RETIRED MODERATER
35,676 Posts
ill3 oil pressure switch location.png

^^^Mine was changed on my 2013, with about 7,500 miles on it.
Yes, the intake manifold has to be removed. Just look at the above pic, it's the sensor in the rear, #20.
Mine was changed under warranty. It's about a 4 hour job!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,794 Posts
Just a bad lot. Nothing really improved. Mine did the saem thing. Threw the 520 code. The sensor is underneath the intake plenum. So a gasket set is required to swap the sensor out. My oil pressure set at 99 psi and stayed there. Even with the engine off.

'14 JKUR-X

Bob K.
Bad lot or bad design? This has been going on since MY 2013...

I'd like to see what the PN/Rev is for replacement part. My suspicion is we'll be doing this again in two years.

·
RETIRED MODERATER
35,676 Posts
Work order called out new switch 5149062AA.

Build date on my '14 was 10/13.

Bob K.
^^^They replaced my switch with the same part numbers as Bob's.
Mine is a 2013, build date was 2/13.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Please let me know anyone has pictures on where is located ? Trying to start working on my own truck cause dealer try to rip me off by since I made reasearch about it they couldn't almost messed up my car and warranty is done thanx ... New member to the forum

·
Registered
3 Posts
My check light came on, they replaced the sensor under warranty on the second time. Since then, it's been on 4 times! It reset itself once. Every other time, they said, "same code, no problem." No problem yet, it's still under warranty, but I'm getting tired of taking it in.

·
Premium Member
9,794 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts