Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
  1. Your core is done. It needs to be replaced. $76 online and use the pull the dash out of the way method. You can't clean the core well enough to keep it.
  2. The OEM coolant is your issue. It breaks down over time and it was pre-loaded with stop leak from the factory. This is why you see build up in the overflow tank years after it was filled. Replace all of it asap.
  3. The class action lawsuit was started by a moron who had his coolant pulled out at an oil change place and then stored in an open bucket outside until it was tested. Jeep lawyer didn't even charge Jeep to win that case.
  4. Both of my JKs (13 and 17) had their cores clog. Both had just the OEM coolant from the factory. The mixing of coolant issue is possible but not the cause for all of these problems.
  5. JK engines were die cast. No casting sand used.

·
Registered
2007 Jeep Wrangler Jk Sahara 2 dr, 3.8l, 4:10, AEV 2.5" DualSport XT lift
39 Posts
I don't have a '14 model, just an '07, but I did replace the heater core on my 2000 dodge ram 1500 when I smelled coolant from the A/C vent. Usually its behind the glove box, but the dash did have to come out. I heard about class action lawsuits, never had any lawsuits about my jeep, but I refuse to let a dealership tinker with it. There was a dealership who did an oil change on a guy's newer jeep and an accident happened there. A 19 yr old employee who was doing the oil change didn't have a drivers license and had no knowledge driving a stick (manual) and the jeep lurched forward while on lift, severely injuring a 40 yr old veteran employee mechanic and the dealership sued the owner of the jeep for having a manual. Sounds so ridiculous when the dealership screws up and blames someone else. It was on the news a few days ago.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts