Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2014 Rubicon X that we got last April. It has been great, but we have noticed it has a starting issue. On cold starts (engine, not temp) occasionally it doesn't start right away when we turn the key. I'm not much of a mechanic so I have a hard time describing the issue. The starter doesn't seem to engage right away and it takes 3 to 5 seconds to start after you turn the key. It could also be described as it seems like it is not getting fuel.

When it starts it is fine and we have no other issues. We took it to the dealership last week and left it overnight. Of course it didn't do it for them. They did a couple of updates, but the issue is still there. Any thoughts.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
It's not unusual that the dealer can't replicate the problem, that happens a lot. Since the starter isn't engaging right away it seems electrical, but what the exact issue is the dealer will have to figure it out. It could have something to do with the security system. When you start it turn the key to the "on" position and pause for a second or two and then continue to turn the key to start it. That's actually the best way to start any fuel injected vehicle. See if that helps.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. I found the above thread after I posted this. It is pretty helpful. kik I tried you trick this morning and it did work. I'll keep trying that. I used to have a duramax and after I sold it I started my current truck that way for about a year out of habit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts