Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Sahara Unlimited in Billet with the dual top group on order. The hard top is black. I really don't like the standard 18" Sahara wheels and when I ordered that was the only wheel option available. I picked up a set of 18" 7 spoke new take offs for $420.00, because I am going to ride the original rubber for a while. New wheels and tires are a year down the road. Since I am having the dealer swap the tires and sensors, I am debating as to whether to have him put the white letters inside and run with the blackwalls. With the narrower sidewall of the 18" it kind of looks busy to me. Looking for opinons guys. I appreciate your input. Her is a pic of a 2013 with the same colors and wheels.

·
Super Moderator
23,185 Posts
black walls are my vote. Black walls look more rugged and less car like. I see white letters and I think pontiac grand ams lol

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm new at this with Jeeps, but I have had trucks with the white lettering showing.

I thing you are spot on in you first impression. With the somewhat narrow sidewalls I think the White lettering might look a little busy. Also consider that you will need a little extra elbow grease when cleaning the letters.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'm a white letters fan

·
Super Moderator
23,185 Posts

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
I love the new Sahara wheels (in black) with the white letters out. Especially on a Billet.

Also, did you mean a 2013 Sahara?

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
He said he has a 2014 Billet on order, Mark! :)

We have a Billet with black wheels and I like black side walls with that set up. I think I'd keep it the same with silver wheels, too.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
He said he has a 2014 Billet on order, Mark! :)

We have a Billet with black wheels and I like black side walls with that set up. I think I'd keep it the same with silver wheels, too.
Ah yes, I missed that part. I saw the photo was thinking...2014's are not out yet. :doh:

·
Registered
352 Posts
$20 a tire for dismount/mount and balance. That is about the going rate for that service around here.
Yep, I checked around and that's the going rate. I went to the tire dealer I always work with and once again the service was faultless plus they had me in and out in about a hour. :punk:

·
Registered
421 Posts
I also changed my '13 Sahara rims to the optional 7 spokes and had them turn the blackwalls out at that time. IMHO it looks way better. If the tires were true white lettered instead of outlined white lettered it might be different.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I prefer all black tires. But if they have white letters, I think it looks weird to have them on the inside. With the height of a Jeep, they're not too hard to see.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had my white letters out for 2 weeks, took it to the dealer and they swapped it to black walls out for free. *using one of my service pack tire rotations*

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
I'm old school. I like the white letters. When you go with bigger tires only a few offer white letters anymore.

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you plan on keeping the jeep clean then the white letters are fine. Dirty letters look like crap and I feel they go best with chrome wheels. Personal preference is black tires on a jeep as the look rugged as a jeep should

1 - 20 of 43 Posts