Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
94 Posts
Word from me - be CAREFUL.

I had a heck of a time installing "clear lenses" from Quadratec (which inevitably turned a pee-yellow color after 1 year) - and the tabs that hold that side marker in place are WEAK.

Just be careful pulling back the liner and re-installing them... so fragile.

As far as laming filming them.. that may be my next mod (though I don't want to have to disassemble them.. hmm.. can i do it after they're already installed?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Just replaced mine. The tabs are very weak but you have to remove the front two plastic rivets. Pull the fender away and up, there is a support piece of plastic to hold it. Once that is done you will have room to replace the lens. Again don't force it or the tabs WILL break......I found that out.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Word from me - be CAREFUL. I had a heck of a time installing "clear lenses" from Quadratec (which inevitably turned a pee-yellow color after 1 year) - and the tabs that hold that side marker in place are WEAK. Just be careful pulling back the liner and re-installing them... so fragile. As far as laming filming them.. that may be my next mod (though I don't want to have to disassemble them.. hmm.. can i do it after they're already installed?
i have to second the yellowish lenses .i bought cheap ones .then i bought a diffrent brand (cant remember have to look it up) but the film was easy .i bought a sheet of 4x8 or something that size of "smoke" i just put the film over top cut slightley larger than lense and the used a plastic trim tool and tucked up under the flare

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Word from me - be CAREFUL.

I had a heck of a time installing "clear lenses" from Quadratec (which inevitably turned a pee-yellow color after 1 year) - and the tabs that hold that side marker in place are WEAK.

Just be careful pulling back the liner and re-installing them... so fragile.

As far as laming filming them.. that may be my next mod (though I don't want to have to disassemble them.. hmm.. can i do it after they're already installed?
I was thinking the same thing!

I bought the Crown clear for my grill, it matches the silver better, and within 6 months it was crazing and yellowing. Forget it. I bought a 2014 clear grill lens from the dealer and put that in - has been doing good for two years.

If you want to go dark, either have them tinted with film or spray lightly with a lens tint paint. The dealers here will often tint them with film if you ask.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Do you remember which one you used RB-10?

I found smoke, gunsmoke, and charcoal on Amazon for them and iI don't know how dark you went.

Robot Check

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Do you remember which one you used RB-10? I found smoke, gunsmoke, and charcoal on Amazon for them and iI don't know how dark you went. Robot Check
from laminx i used smoke. But for the clear lenses i cant find which ones i bought .i checked my purchase history in ebay and amazon and nothing showed up so im thinking I bought from q-tech

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thx to all who answered my question---to those NOT----start your own thread if you want to talk lenses!! I asked a particular question and got the answers I was looking for but my question had NOTHING to do with smoked or white lenses and the good and bad of them!

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
It's a forum. People will talk, subjects divert to other things at times, it happens, take a chill. The info RB-10 provided helped me, and I wouldn't have asked that question to begin with.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well---I finally got around to replacing that side lens---what a pain!

getting the rivets out was the easy part---getting the old lens out and the new one in was a DISASTER!

It took me two hours of cursing, pulling, hammering etc. to get the old one out!

And more cursing and bleeding to get the new one in!

Who the hec designs these things----this should have been an easy fix! A damn lens???

Well---I learned---next time I'll just leave it broke!

Thx---jeep! peace all!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts