Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
General thoughts...I feel like this is high!

2014 wrangler sport s includes
AC
Power window/door package
3.73 gears
Hard top
Manual
Trailer tow

Dealer quote:
MSRP = $29,365

Out the door price = $28,721

NOTE - dealer states the vehicle had hail damage to the hood 2 weeks ago that was removed by a pointless dent remover kit.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
That's a fair price. Out here they are around $30k with those options. It was harder for me to find a no-optioned one.

Bob K.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
seems high for a damaged car that has been repaired. What is the invoice price? Try to get 1%-3% below invoice

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm getting $28,875 MSRP and $27,716 invoice from nadaguides.com

So if I get 1% under invoice I should pay $27,439. That sounds a little better...not sure how I feel about paying that much for a hail damaged vehicle.

Thanks for letting me bounce some thoughts out there.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He just came back with $27,963 Chrysler affiliate price...

So...2014 sport s
Manual
Hard top
AC
power doors and windows
Trailer tow

Had minor hail damage that has now been fixed and looks like it did right out of the factory, he says.

I'm thinking this may be a good deal...

·
Registered
332 Posts
I paid $700 less for a 2 dr Sahara, auto, side airbags, auto temp, limited slip, hard top,and connectivity.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
He just came back with $27,963 Chrysler affiliate price...

So...2014 sport s
Manual
Hard top
AC
power doors and windows
Trailer tow

Had minor hail damage that has now been fixed and looks like it did right out of the factory, he says.

I'm thinking this may be a good deal...
Ask for all of the Hold Back money, that should save you another $950. Unless you're totally sold on this particular one, shop that price. If you're willing to wait, you can always build one too.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ask for all of the Hold Back money, that should save you another $950. Unless you're totally sold on this particular one, shop that price. If you're willing to wait, you can always build one too.
Thanks for the great info. Trying to get a copperhead with those options at this point is nearly impossible...otherwise I would totally order/build

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Thanks for the great info. Trying to get a copperhead with those options at this point is nearly impossible...otherwise I would totally order/build
You may also want to look into the Willys model. Price may come out to very close to what you're currently being quoted on the Sport. You get the Rubicon tires, wheels (in gloss black), Rubi rock rails, and stickers.

Check out Club WILLYS - may be a better bet to go that route, and Copperhead is available. If you want to get a super rare 14' JK, the new red color is opening up on Friday, although I'm not 100% sure it would be available for the Willys, but it will for sure be available for the Sport S.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You may also want to look into the Willys model. Price may come out to very close to what you're currently being quoted on the Sport. You get the Rubicon tires, wheels (in gloss black), Rubi rock rails, and stickers. Check out Club WILLYS - may be a better bet to go that route, and Copperhead is available. If you want to get a super rare 14' JK, the new red color is opening up on Friday, although I'm not 100% sure it would be available for the Willys, but it will for sure be available for the Sport S.
Very nice, I actually test drove the Willys since it has the 3.73. It also comes very close to meeting what I want to do overall to the sport. Looking to add 33 inch tires, black wheels, a 2-2.5 coil lift and an exhaust/cat back to the sport.

I'm intrigued by this rare red color you mention...anymore info on that?

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Very nice, I actually test drove the Willys since it has the 3.73. It also comes very close to meeting what I want to do overall to the sport. Looking to add 33 inch tires, black wheels, a 2-2.5 coil lift and an exhaust/cat back to the sport.

I'm intrigued by this rare red color you mention...anymore info on that?
It's called Firecracker Red, it's a 2015 color that for some reason they are opening up to 2014 MY for all of about a day probably. According to www. (cough, cough) jeep (cough) garage (caugh) .org Friday it's available to build.

You live in IL, I'd contact Fields unless you've already done that. Email Pat, call him, whatever you want and see if you can order.

If you're looking at adding tires and a lift and black wheels, I'd suggest looking at the Willys or the Altitude, you may save some money. The Willys comes with the Rubi tires, which I love. You may hate them in IL.

Either way, you can't go wrong. Fields will also do 1-2% below invoice for being a member of the forum. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's called Firecracker Red, it's a 2015 color that for some reason they are opening up to 2014 MY for all of about a day probably. According to www. (cough, cough) jeep (cough) garage (caugh) .org Friday it's available to build. You live in IL, I'd contact Fields unless you've already done that. Email Pat, call him, whatever you want and see if you can order. If you're looking at adding tires and a lift and black wheels, I'd suggest looking at the Willys or the Altitude, you may save some money. The Willys comes with the Rubi tires, which I love. You may hate them in IL. Either way, you can't go wrong. Fields will also do 1-2% below invoice for being a member of the forum. Good luck.
Awesome stuff! Currently working with Fields to see what my options are. Thanks again for all the great input, much appreciated!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts