Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am new to this forum and need some opinions. I am having shifting issues. I have a 2014 jeep wrangler sport with 69k on it. I do not ride this jeep hard at all and I do not take it off road. When I accelerate the jeep is very hesitant to go. Once it does get going it will not shift properly, the rpms go really high and it will only shift into gear if you release the gas pedal for a second.
I took it to a dealer and they replaced the transfer case switch. They said it was an internal failure within the trans range sensor.
When I picked it up the guy at the dealer said the trans is still not shifting properly and that I need to buy a aftermarket tuner. Why would I need to buy an aftermarket tuner??
I do have a 3 inch lift and bigger tires on it that have been on this jeep for years but every tech I talked to at my work said that doesn't sound right.
The jeep runs a little better than it did but it is definitely not shifting properly. The rpms still go higher than they should before switching into gear and at times I still have to let off the gas pedal for it to shift properly.

Please help!!!!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I am new to this forum and need some opinions. I am having shifting issues. I have a 2014 jeep wrangler sport with 69k on it. I do not ride this jeep hard at all and I do not take it off road. When I accelerate the jeep is very hesitant to go. Once it does get going it will not shift properly, the rpms go really high and it will only shift into gear if you release the gas pedal for a second.
I took it to a dealer and they replaced the transfer case switch. They said it was an internal failure within the trans range sensor.
When I picked it up the guy at the dealer said the trans is still not shifting properly and that I need to buy a aftermarket tuner. Why would I need to buy an aftermarket tuner??
I do have a 3 inch lift and bigger tires on it that have been on this jeep for years but every tech I talked to at my work said that doesn't sound right.
The jeep runs a little better than it did but it is definitely not shifting properly. The rpms still go higher than they should before switching into gear and at times I still have to let off the gas pedal for it to shift properly.

Please help!!!!
with the bigger tires have you reprogrammed for the size?

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No. But I have had this jeep for 2 years and the tires have always been on it and never had this problem until a month ago. So would it take that long for the tires to cause this issue?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts