Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading numerous threads I have been unable to find the answer. Does anyone know if my non-alpine jku has the wires already run to the subwoofer location in the back? I got a great deal on a sub and want to improve my tunes without spending big $$$.

Also. Anyone know of a good amp to run off my factory 130 head unit with Polk DB series speakers? Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
No way to run a sub w that unit ...you have to splice into the speakers and attach a speaker wire to rca adapter ...then find a remote wire to trigger amp ...its a mess ..
Get an aftermarket head unit ...w a harness adapter for jeep ...
It's a cleaner install

·
Registered
324 Posts
Buy the Raxiom Navigation unit, it is a factory look head unit with Navigation and everything. It has amp pre-outs as well as rear zone outputs!

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there a 5 channel amp I can hook the head unit up too? I like the raxium but don't have the money right now. I know the mopar premium amps are not that good, but can I use one until I replace the head unit? Even with the speaker upgrade I can't hear the radio with the top and doors off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts