Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ about 28K miles. I have the basic power locks with the remote lock/unlock buttons on the ignition key.

Recently the driver side door unlocks by itself when I'm out of the car. I thought it may be the battery going dead so I changed it and that didn't resolve the issue. This is an intermittent issue, doesn't happen 100% of the time but I have to worry that the door is unlocked at any point.

Does anyone have any experience with an issue like this? Is it the key itself or a component in the door? Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Retired Moderator
100,504 Posts
Thread Moved.

·
WF approved Offical Jeep Account.
1,569 Posts
I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ about 28K miles. I have the basic power locks with the remote lock/unlock buttons on the ignition key.

Recently the driver side door unlocks by itself when I'm out of the car. I thought it may be the battery going dead so I changed it and that didn't resolve the issue. This is an intermittent issue, doesn't happen 100% of the time but I have to worry that the door is unlocked at any point.

Does anyone have any experience with an issue like this? Is it the key itself or a component in the door? Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi CarMike17,
We're sorry to hear about your recent concern. I understand you are reaching out to your fellow forum members for advice. However, should you decide to have your dealer take a look, please keep us updated. If assistance is needed during your visit, our team is available via private message!
Alex
Jeep Cares

1 - 5 of 5 Posts