Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (3.6)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,
I have recently ran into some trouble with my ‘14 Sport Wrangler and experiencing a misfire in cylinder 3. I recently had all new iridium plugs put in, and after 300 miles, it is showing the same problem P0303 and P2308 along with the engine light on. I took it to a different Firestone shop and let them do their diagnostic on it. They informed me that I should take it to the Jeep Dealership because their was a recall on cylinder 3 (???); however, I can not find anything about that recall online... any suggestions or feedback? ( also, I have a faint tik tik sound, so it could be the cylinder lifter, right ? )

·
Retired Moderator
105,577 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.
The recall was only on the wrangler 2012 and some early 2013’s built in 2012.. sorry..So the cylinder head replacements have been reported to cost about $3,400 per head.

Reactions: Hotty_toddy15

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (3.6)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.
The recall was only on the wrangler 2012 and some early 2013’s built in 2012.. sorry..So the cylinder head replacements have been reported to cost about $3,400 per head.
I see you’re out in Cave Cheek, AZ; I am out in El Paso, TX.
Would getting the PCM make any difference. I have been reading several of similar issues and a lot are resulting in the same fix with a new PCM. Your thoughts ?

·
Retired Moderator
105,577 Posts
My suggestion, is to take it into your Jeep dealer and get it diagnosed. Then you will know what you are dealing with.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Is it running rough or just through a check engine light one?

Try swapping cylinder 3 ignition coil with cylinder 2 and clear the codes. See if the misfire changes cylinders. I had this happen before (Different engine) but I swapped coil packs and cleared the code and it never came back.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just went through this very same frustrating thing. I had a misfire on cylinder 5. Took it into the dealership and they replaced all the spark plugs and some other non-essential things but it did not help at all. It took the dealership 2 weeks to diagnose that it was indeed the PCM and they swapped it out and it runs great now. My jeep is a 2015 JKU and they were able to get the PCM covered under the "emissions" warranty so there was no cost to me except for the plugs. It was still expensive but at least I didn't have to pay for the PCM, $1000. Hope that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.