Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to be several towing threads out there asking about the towing capabilities of the Wrangler. I think most would benefit from reading the owners manual, so I thought I would post the towing section from the 2014 manual here. I believe it's the same for 2013 & 2012, not sure about other years.

Towing is also talked about in several other OM sections regarding engine temp, trans temp, auto stick and others areas. The OM is a good read for anyone thinking about towing.

Hope this helps.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
The numbers you posted are correct, but the 2012 (and I think the 1st edition 2013) manauls are incorrect. They forgot to include automatics with 3.21's. My guess is that Chrysler was lazy and just copied over the prior (07-11) chart and forgot that 3.21's were available (acutually standard) starting in 2012.

But it was all for moot....because hardly anyone reads the owners manual anyway.

I mean....why go through all the effort of "reading" the manual to what is probably the 2nd most expensive purchase most people make when you can post a question on the interwebz and have someone (who actually read the manual) answer it for you?

But for real...thanks for posting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts