Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning was the first time I've tried to fold the rear seat down in my new 2015 2 door JK. The latch (on the top middle of the rear seats) didn't want to budge. How hard am I supposed to pull it up? I didn't want to break it. Could there be something wrong or am I just not pulling hard enough? Am I supposed to push the seat forward as I'm pulling that latch up? I'm doing something wrong for sure.

Sorry for the dumb question, I'm not very mechanically inclined!

Thanks.

Lisa

·
Registered
152 Posts
Pull the handle up and the seatback should fall forward.

Are you sitting on the seat or reaching in from the back?

·
Registered
910 Posts
It doesn't take excessive force to open it so maybe it's jammed. Try pulling back on the seat back at the same time

·
Registered
41 Posts
Same thing happened to me the first time I folded the seat in my 2015 2dr. Just try from different angles and give it a good pull.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. Apparantly I was doing it backwards, I was standing in the rear of the jeep trying to fold the seat towards me. A friend told me I have to do it from the back seat itself. Got it to work now! I know other people were saying the tumble seats aren't very secure, but mine don't seem to be going anywhere once they are pushed up against the front seats. I don't feel the need to bungee cord them or anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 2 door jeep sahara. Not much room in the back unless I fold rear seat. When I do fold rear seat it bounces around while I drive hitting the front seats. Is there a mechanism to secure it when folded?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I have a 2015 2 door jeep sahara. Not much room in the back unless I fold rear seat. When I do fold rear seat it bounces around while I drive hitting the front seats. Is there a mechanism to secure it when folded?
I use a black bungee cord with plastic hooks and hook it to the passenger head rest post and around the folded up seat down to the bottom seat support bar. Holds nice and firm and very quick and easy to hook up and unhook

·
Registered
215 Posts
I use a black bungee cord with plastic hooks and hook it to the passenger head rest post and around the folded up seat down to the bottom seat support bar. Holds nice and firm and very quick and easy to hook up and unhook
Same here.

Works very well

1 - 12 of 12 Posts