Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, did a some digging around and had no luck finding my questions/answers..

my 2015 dr auto with 3000km's on it just about stalled when i put it into reverse the other morning, idle went right down and it was rough, just like a standard before shutting off sorta thing. it was pretty cold at around -20C or -5F, the jeep had sat overnight, but i let it run no less than 10 minutes before putting it in gear to drive away. then engine was at full operating temp. i've never experienced this in an auto trans before. any thoughts other than ya it was cold? it's only done this once and it's been colder than that several times.

next is when going from park to reverse or drive or reverse to drive and vice versa with my foot on the brake it makes a lot of noise most of the time, almost a grind type of sound and sometimes just like it's torquing up the rear diff or brake noise sound, the sound it the same in 2wd or 4wd. seems to be getting worse.

lastly the idle is sometimes really rough when not moving, other times it is really smooth, foot on the brake and in forward or reverse, when i go to neutral its smooth and quiet. its like a beat up old chevy car from the 90's kind of rumbly rough transmission idle. the couple times i've noticed it was the roughest was after being in 4wd, but then when shifting back to 2wd no change.

jeep is still stock other than cooper st 255/85/16's.

any thoughts? or is this just what i should be expecting from a jeep auto transmission?

thanks.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Being a 2015, I would let the dealer take a peak under warranty.....

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Already stopped at one dealer, of course it was smooth once there... This morning shifted into gears very smooth, no noise.

Thanks for the links.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Very strange. Cold weather is tough. So many things on a car don't like extreme cold. First thing you've already done. Report it to the dealer to make sure they have a record of it. Then since it seems intermittent (could not reproduce at the dealer) I would keep a very detailed written record of what/when/how/where etc. this occur. The more detail the better. The next time you go to the dealer you can give them super details on how to recreate. Writing it down will bring clarity to your thoughts and you won't have to rely on your memory for all the little details that may be very helpful to the dealer. Good luck!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with documenting at dealer, didnt do this, I should know better, went through a bunch of issues with my tacoma that didnt get documented., this caused me problems... Thanks, i needed this reminder.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brought it into a dealer after posting earlier, techs were gone for the day so they opened a work order, just have to arrange a time that works for me as they dont have a loaner program, just a shuttle but i need to be mobile this week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had my 2015 for just over a month. I've been noticing a clunk/grind myself when I place it in reverse. I brushed it off the first few times as just getting used to a new car. Then today I was leaving my Mom's house and she was standing in the driveway. She actually turned to look what the sound was when I backed away. Now I'm concerned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts