Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the possibility of a diesel not happening for 2015? Has it been confirmed either way? I though I saw somewhere that maybe 2016 but not 2015. Thanks guys trying to plan a upcoming buy.

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
Absolutely not happening for 2015 (unless you move to Europe)

Maybe 2017?

·
Registered
614 Posts
It's been confirmed a while ago.

Order banks open: June 6th, 2014

Production launch: July 21, 2014

Sales launch: September 1, 2014

Last day of 2014 model year production: July 11th, 2014

Models

1. WRANGLER SPORT 4X4
- Willys Wheeler
- special model (TBA)

2. WRANGLER UNLIMITED SPORT 4X4
- Willys Wheeler
- special model (TBA)

3. WRANGLER UNLIMITED SPORT 4X4 (RHD)

4. WRANGLER SAHARA 4X4

5. WRANGLER UNLIMITED SAHARA 4X4

6. WRANGLER RUBICON 4X4
- RUBICON X 4X4

7. WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON 4X4
- UNLIMITED RUBICON X 4X4

Engines

3.6L V6 24V VVT
3.0L V6 24V VVT (export only)
2.8L I4 TURBO DIESEL (export only)

·
Registered
429 Posts
I was told by the service manager at my dealer that he had heard that it was very likely for the 2015 model year. He also said it would likely be about a $12,000 option. I've also read on a few 'auto sites' that the JK will have engine 'options' for 2015. I say take both those pieces of info with a whole bag of salt.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I was told by the service manager at my dealer that he had heard that it was very likely for the 2015 model year. He also said it would likely be about a $12,000 option. I've also read on a few 'auto sites' that the JK will have engine 'options' for 2015. I say take both those pieces of info with a whole bag of salt.
It's been confirmed that it's not happening in 2015. There are subtle changes to the speakers/sub, new colors, and a new special edition. Other than that, it's the same as the 2014.

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
Unfortunately, "2015" has become synonymous with the new redesigned Wrangler in the press and in (other) forums, and not simply a model year.

·
Registered
429 Posts
It's been confirmed that it's not happening in 2015. There are subtle changes to the speakers/sub, new colors, and a new special edition. Other than that, it's the same as the 2014.
Unfortunately, "2015" has become synonymous with the new redesigned Wrangler in the press and in (other) forums, and not simply a model year.
As I said, take that info with a few bags of salt. I'm not buying it either.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
There's no bags of salt for it, it's known to be wrong. If I tell you the sky is green with orange polka dots you don't take it with a bag of salt, you ignore it because you know it's wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts