Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been researching and planning this out for about a year now. I've been waiting patiently for the company I work for to be sold out and it finally was in February. I was able to cash in some stock and buy the Jeep that I've been wanting since I sold my last one in 2004. In other words its been a long wait...

This is my second vehicle and I wanted to get something that not only looks kick ass but that I can wheel locally but also take out west (next year I want to go on a Moab Jeep Safari).

I purchased a 6 speed Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock- soft top only. The only thing I would have done different at this point is not get the upgraded 730N radio (more on that later). A big shout out to Brandon Huff at River Front Chrysler and Jeep in Aurora, IL. I had to order this and he negotiated with me over email- I ultimately paid just under 4% under invoice- which I was happy with.

Now here is why I've named this "Over Budget". It seems no matter what you get- you can always find more stuff to get (car mats, shifter knobs, bikini tops, half doors, safari straps, stickers and it just goes on and on and on)!

Main Upgrades being installed over the next week (Phase 1)- more pics to come

4.88 Gears
Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers (with the insert painted Ford Deep blue J4)
Poison Spyder Lite front bumper
Poison Spyder front and rear crusher fenders (the web painted deep blue)
BMF Death Metal Novakane 17" wheels
Mickey Thompson 37" baja mtz
4" terra flex long arm suspension
Fox steering stabilizer
Fox shocks/speed bumps
Sleeve and gusset
Gibson Metal Mulisha dual exhaust
Crawler Conceptz front inner fender panels
Angry Bird front grill
Rugged Ridge 1050 winch

The reason why I say I wish I wouldn't have gotten the 730N radio is that it was a last minute add on and I didn't think it all the way through. I'm actually switching out the head unit to a Sony DVD AM/FM Indash Unit XAV-712BT. This will allow both front and rear cameras- which since I go to Chicago quite often will help me park without hitting anything (including my garage). I've never had a rear view camera until my recent company car and I can't imagine not having one with a 37" spare tire blocking my view! So I guess I'll be selling the 730N on craigslist along with the rest of the salvageable parts.

Phase 2 (late summer)
Upgrade Drive shaft (tom woods)
Upgrade brakes
Upgrade stereo (speakers, amp, sub)

All of the work is being done at Wildside Motorsports (Naperville) by a real Jeep Freak name Jon Roth. That is all I got for now- but I'll post more pictures as I get them.

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
Looks very nice and will be even better when you get it done..

But I will tell you..........

If you have any money left in your pocket when you are buying mods..

You missed something that you need..

Over budget is the only way to build a Jeep..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yesterday before dropping it off to have the main mod's put on- I put on these JW Speaker 8700 evolution headlights. I can't say much about them since I haven't seen them at night. I'm sure they are much brighter than the stock ones.

And to continue with the theme of over budget- it was suggested that I replace the front driveshaft now since the lift is 4". So I have a new front driveshaft from Tom Woods on order.

20150426_154057.jpg

·
Super Moderator
15,376 Posts
They are great looking wheels. And to be completely honest I never would have known about them if it wasn't for your build thread. So thanks!
Your secret is safe with me :D

Look forward to seeing your build come together.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had the poison spyder differential covers painted and they are ready to be put on
ps diff cover.jpg

And the lift is getting ready to be put on

11165835_739924786124104_2059044288_n.jpg

Apparently the bumpers, rocker knockers and front/back crushers will be in on Wednesday- but they also said that last week!

And I have to put the stock wheels/tires on craigslist- never sold anything on craigslist before. Hope they sell fast so I don't have to mess with it!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cosmetically it is getting closer! Still waiting on the front bumper, rear bumper, front skid plate, rocker knockers and crushers from Poison Spyder. Should be in on Friday. Then they get sent to the painter and installed.

I really hope these rocker knockers provide enough of a step!

The crawler concepts inner fender kit has been fit but is getting painted so not installed yet.

And a setback occurred. The front and rear lockers wont disengage. Might have to go to the dealer....

jeep angle view.jpg

jeep tailpipes.jpg

jeep side view.jpg

·
Registered
276 Posts
Its cool to see awesome jeeps in my area haha. I'll be sure to give you a wave if i see you ;) And out of curiosity why did you go with the MTZs instead of something like an AT tire? I'm currently in that debate right now because I can't seem to justify getting an MT with all the snow we get..

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Looks great love the long arm kit

1 - 20 of 48 Posts