Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 wrangler unlimited sports and yesterday it wouldn't turn on anymore. All the lights work, radio turns on windows work but when I turn the key to turn it on nothing happens. Really don't hear a sound. I took the battery where I bought it at advanced auto zone to have it checked they said it was a little low so they charged it for 20 mins and said the battery was fine that something might be draining power from it. I put the battery back on and still wouldn't turn on. Also before that I had try to jump start the battery and didn't make a difference either. Been reading online trying to find answers. I've read it can be the starter or the alternator. I can't drive the jeep anywhere as it won't start. Is there a way to check if the starter is bad or the alternator? Also read on hitting the starter with a hammer and try turning the jeep on but that didn't work. Not sure how hard I'm supposed to hit. It has 60k miles I've kept up with all the maintenance. Would like some help before I take it to a mechanic since it's out of warranty. First time posting here so excuse me if I'm on the wrong

·
Registered
907 Posts
If it's an auto try starting in neutral. Could be the switch in the stick. If it's a manual the clutch has a switch to keep you from starting it with the clutch out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You can remove both and take them to the auto store and they will test them. I hard the same problem and it was the battery. Check your battery for the age sticker to see how old it is. If it is close to three years it is most likely your battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts