Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I am having issues with a notorious passenger side leak and have scoured the internet looking to see what the foam is supposed to look like and was just wanting to see if anyone could tell if this foam piece is in working order?

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Yes, my 2012 didn't leak a drop with both tops until this year. I'm getting a leak at the bottom of both doors. I tried to get the new version of the OEM door seals, but the price point with shipping was a little too much for my liking. I got the Fairchild versions that correspond to the new OEM seals from RockAuto. They look and feel the same quality as the OEM ones, so I'm hopeful.

FAIRCHILD​
D3046Door Seal / Weatherstrip
$ 39.79​
FAIRCHILD​
D3047Door Seal / Weatherstrip
$ 39.79​

These correspond to 55395275AW and 55395274AW. I installed the seals, but I haven't parked my Jeep outside yet. I'm also going to see about covering that button on the body side of the door openings.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
View attachment 4417316

I am having issues with a notorious passenger side leak and have scoured the internet looking to see what the foam is supposed to look like and was just wanting to see if anyone could tell if this foam piece is in working order?
What exactly are we looking at? Is that the door seal removed from door?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I pulled off the trim from the passenger door. Trying to figure out my leak, I’ve seen water come down from the window, but think I have more coming in elsewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts