Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this site, and to the jeep world. I just bought a tank green 2 door sport and I'm very excited for it to be shipped.

Can anyone tell me anything about the sound system? everything onlone talks about the upgraded packages.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello, congrats on your new purchase! (I have only had mine for 5 months, so I'm still new here too, but I absolutely love it!)
I have a 2015 sport unlimited with the base sound system. I'm assuming you have the base Jeep audio system and not the upgraded Alpine system?

Personally, in my honest opinion, the base sound system is not very good. There is little to no bass and the sound gets distorted when the volume is turned up. (I will be upgrading with after market speakers and an addition of a sub woofer... once I do this I'm certain it will sound even better than the Alpine system!)

But of course, sound is subjective. I am not an audio guru, so I cannot tell you why exactly the speakers aren't great, but I know from first hand experience that they aren't great.

It all just depends on how you listen to them and what your personal musical EQ preferences are! (Like bass or treble)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, congrats on your new purchase! (I have only had mine for 5 months, so I'm still new here too, but I absolutely love it!)
I have a 2015 sport unlimited with the base sound system. I'm assuming you have the base Jeep audio system and not the upgraded Alpine system?

Personally, in my honest opinion, the base sound system is not very good. There is little to no bass and the sound gets distorted when the volume is turned up. (I will be upgrading with after market speakers and an addition of a sub woofer... once I do this I'm certain it will sound even better than the Alpine system!)

But of course, sound is subjective. I am not an audio guru, so I cannot tell you why exactly the speakers aren't great, but I know from first hand experience that they aren't great.

It all just depends on how you listen to them and what your personal musical EQ preferences are! (Like bass or treble)

Thanks for the friendly reply :)

So does the base Sport B come with Alphine as well?

·
Registered
357 Posts
To get the Alpine system, you'd have to order it as an option on all Wranglers, except the Rubicon Hard Rock. It is not stock on the Sport package.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I ordered the Kicker upgrades for my base system based on positive reviews on Amazon and given the low cost, I figured I had nothing to lose. Hopefully my Jeep arrives next week and I can report back then.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered the Kicker upgrades for my base system based on positive reviews on Amazon and given the low cost, I figured I had nothing to lose. Hopefully my Jeep arrives next week and I can report back then.
That's great, let me know how that goes.

I have 57 days to wait till mine comes in, and I'm pumped.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'll be interested in hearing how the kickers sound! What head unit will you be getting in your Jeep? (I am interested in hearing how they sound with the 130S, which is what I have.)

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'll be interested in hearing how the kickers sound! What head unit will you be getting in your Jeep? (I am interested in hearing how they sound with the 130S, which is what I have.)
Same here, 130S. I'll let you know!

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
One really easy cheap mod to the factory speakers is to take the fabric covering off the face of the speakers. Now l can at least hear some bass. Before bass drum sounded like someone coughing in a cup. I dont think audiophiles would be impressed, but to a half deaf person like me it is much better.

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Do searches for Pressurized's tweeter mod cheap and also the infinity 6032s. Im really not trying to be smart, Ive found both those threads VERY good info. Ive heard good things about the Pioneer AVIC-xxxxNEX series radios so Im replacing mine this weekend.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Do searches for Pressurized's tweeter mod cheap and also the infinity 6032s. Im really not trying to be smart, Ive found both those threads VERY good info. Ive heard good things about the Pioneer AVIC-xxxxNEX series radios so Im replacing mine this weekend.
Sound advice but as it happens the tweeter cap mod doesn't help on 2015's (per Pressurized) however, worth a read nonetheless!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts