Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Rubicon Unlimited which I purchased aftermarket wheels and tires for which the installer said he used 433mhz tpms sensors. However, my TPMS light comes up when I start the vehicle and blinks for a little then goes solid. The PSI is displayed and works but there is clearly an issue that I cannot figure out. Is it possible that the sensors are 315mhz or does anyone know a solution to this annoying issue?? Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Are you sure they installed the TPMS sensors?

If not, perhaps you got the wrong ones. Sounds like you may need to have a tire unmounted and check the TPMS sensor, if it is the wrong one, then likely the others are also an issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assumed that the TMPS sensors must be installed due to the fact that the readings of the tire pressures displayed are all accurate. I am curious though if anyone knows the characteristics of a 315mhz transmitter being installed into one that needs a 433mhz

·
Registered
154 Posts
If they are transmitting on a different frequency I doubt you would get anything on the display, rather than a delay. I would lean toward a sensor or the receiving going bad. There is another thread with a guy on the forum getting intermittent TPMS issues, turned out to be in the wiring harness.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
If the sensors that are installed aren't the correct frequency or if there are no sensors in the wheels there wouldn't be a reading. If the tire pressures aren't maintained at the pressure that's indicated on the door jamb, when it goes under that pressure by approx. 3-5 lbs. the light will activate. What pressure are you running with the current tires and what's the pressure listed on the door jamb? Most likely 37 lbs. is on the door jamb with a Rubicon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes they are set to the standard PSI and I even have a AEV pro cal which i used to make the thresh hold much lower and still nothing

·
Registered
210 Posts
Since you all are on the subject . I have a question about the TPMS. MY 08 Ruby is suppose to have these sensors , and I did notice a few very cold mornings last month that both driver side tires were loosing air . Only one time were they both almost flat. 35s . Anyway the TPMS light was lit up on the dash so I know something was working correctly. So I started searching for leaks but in 12 degree weather the soapy water wasn't working so well.. Lol.. I found a leak in both valve stems around where the stem comes threw the rim. Went to Walmart ( only place open on Sunday) to get new valve stems put in but they said the couldn't do it cause it has TPMS sensors in them . But 3 out of 4 of the valve stems looked to be standard rubber stems and only one was metal (aluminum) . My question does this mean I only have one sensor installed? Can the sensors be on the end of the rubber stem inside the rim?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a 2015 Rubicon Unlimited which I purchased aftermarket wheels and tires for which the installer said he used 433mhz tpms sensors. However, my TPMS light comes up when I start the vehicle and blinks for a little then goes solid. The PSI is displayed and works but there is clearly an issue that I cannot figure out. Is it possible that the sensors are 315mhz or does anyone know a solution to this annoying issue?? Thanks for any help anyone can offer!
Is your psi set anything below 37 lbs? If so it will continue to go off. I have after market wheels and tires that I want to run at 32 lbs and OEM sensors. I have a procal and called them about adjusting the pressure in the system. On 2015 the computer will not let you change the pressure. It will only let you turn the TPMS system to off-road. Which turns the system off and warns you every time you get in that there is 0 psi in your tires.

I just went through all of this. Pain in the rear! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Since you all are on the subject . I have a question about the TPMS. MY 08 Ruby is suppose to have these sensors , and I did notice a few very cold mornings last month that both driver side tires were loosing air . Only one time were they both almost flat. 35s . Anyway the TPMS light was lit up on the dash so I know something was working correctly. So I started searching for leaks but in 12 degree weather the soapy water wasn't working so well.. Lol.. I found a leak in both valve stems around where the stem comes threw the rim. Went to Walmart ( only place open on Sunday) to get new valve stems put in but they said the couldn't do it cause it has TPMS sensors in them . But 3 out of 4 of the valve stems looked to be standard rubber stems and only one was metal (aluminum) . My question does this mean I only have one sensor installed? Can the sensors be on the end of the rubber stem inside the rim?
Chrysler switched from the metal to rubber type valve stems in 2010. Both types of valve stems can have a TPMS sensor attached inside of the wheel. Yours were updated at some point. If you were missing one or more TPMS wheel sensors the light would be constantly on. An 08 has the basic TPMS system and there's no EVIC.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Chrysler switched from the metal to rubber type valve stems in 2010. Both types of valve stems can have a TPMS sensor attached inside of the wheel. Yours were updated at some point. If you were missing one or more TPMS wheel sensors the light would be constantly on. An 08 has the basic TPMS system and there's no EVIC.
Then I must have them in all four tires huh, I guess one way to test is let air out of one at a time . Whats EVIC?

·
Super Moderator
21,962 Posts
Yes they are set to the standard PSI and I even have a AEV pro cal which i used to make the thresh hold much lower and still nothing
take your procal and set the jeep back to stock, disconnect the pos and neg battery cables for a minute or so and touch the positive and neg cables together. reconnect the cables and reset psi and tire size etc with the procal. Jordan who invented the procal said sometimes there is a glitch that needs to be cleared this way.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Then I must have them in all four tires huh, I guess one way to test is let air out of one at a time . Whats EVIC?
The way the basic TPMS works is if you have low pressure in any of the 4 road wheels the light will activate. If you also didn't have a sensor in any one of the 4 road wheels the light will activate. With this system, if you get the light you have to check each tire to determine which one is low. Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) is common in newer JK's. If there's EVIC and enhanced TPMS that comes with the connectivity group you will have a read out for the four individual tire pressures. Older model JK's don't have that type of option. With either system, the spare tire isn't monitored unless it's mounted as a road wheel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is your psi set anything below 37 lbs? If so it will continue to go off. I have after market wheels and tires that I want to run at 32 lbs and OEM sensors. I have a procal and called them about adjusting the pressure in the system. On 2015 the computer will not let you change the pressure. It will only let you turn the TPMS system to off-road. Which turns the system off and warns you every time you get in that there is 0 psi in your tires.

I just went through all of this. Pain in the rear! Hope this helps.
Are you saying that I need to increase the PSI in the tires? How do I go about solving this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts