Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I bought my used 2015 jeep wrangler unlimited sport, it has some upgrades such as:
wheels and tires and socks.
the problem is that it has some vibration while driving on the highway.
it has LT285/70R17 tires.
Do you guys think that the vibration is caused by the tires or it might be something else?

these are some picture of the jeep:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Could you be more specific about the vibration? I had a vibration right around 63-65 caused by my tires not being properly balanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey guys,

I bought my used 2015 jeep wrangler unlimited sport, it has some upgrades such as:

wheels and tires and socks.

the problem is that it has some vibration while driving on the highway.

it has LT285/70R17 tires.

Do you guys think that the vibration is caused by the tires or it might be something else?

these are some picture of the jeep:

If you think it's the tires get them road force balanced. Made my installer do that after 3rd return for vibration and they are smooth at 80mph. The progressed balancing by 1st time - static, 2nd time dynamic, 3rd time road force.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I just swapped my old Coopers back on but forgot to have them balanced before I did it and one neede 2.5 oz to balance and I was getting some DW around 55. All fixed now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have two 2015 Wrangler Unlimited and one developed a vibration that was causing me a lot of concern. My daughter is in college several hours away and the last time she came home I noticed that the vibration had gotten worse. I could feel the shake when the Jeep was initially started and then it would continue to vibrate as I drove. When I would stop at a red light and my foot on the brake it would really vibrate. When driving and in high gear (Jeep is automatic) and slow down then speed back up the vibration would get worse.

I took the Jeep in to my local dealership and they found the problem to be a transmission mount. They made some adjustments and the Jeep runs as smooth as ever.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Take it to discount tire they always balance tires out perfect! I always put on good duck-tape over the stick on wheel weights to make sure they don't fly off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts