Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 293 Posts

·
Commercial Member
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could this be the list of colors for 2015???

Jeep Wrangler FHG Exterior Plum Crazy Pearl 2015
Jeep Wrangler FLC Exterior Hemi Orange Pearl 2015
Jeep Wrangler JSC Exterior Billet Metallic 2013-2015
Jeep Wrangler JUS Exterior Canyon Brown Pearl 2015
Jeep Wrangler KYV Exterior Stinger Yellow 2015
Jeep Wrangler LDS Exterior Anvil 2013-2015
Jeep Wrangler MBJ Exterior Hydro Blue Metallic 2014-2015
Jeep Wrangler MRC Exterior Firecracker Red 2015
Jeep Wrangler NGK Exterior Tank 2015
Jeep Wrangler PBJ Exterior Hydro Blue Metallic 2014-2015
Jeep Wrangler PDS Exterior Anvil 2013-2015
Jeep Wrangler PGK Exterior Tank 2015
Jeep Wrangler PHG Exterior Plum Crazy Pearl 2015
Jeep Wrangler PLC Exterior Hemi Orange Pearl 2015
Jeep Wrangler PRC Exterior Firecracker Red 2015
Jeep Wrangler PSC Exterior Billet Metallic 2013-2015
Jeep Wrangler PUS Exterior Canyon Brown Pearl 2015
Jeep Wrangler PW7 Exterior Bright White 2011-2015
Jeep Wrangler PX8 Exterior Black 1993-2015
Jeep Wrangler PYV Exterior Stinger Yellow 2015

I'm not seeing Granite Crystal on this list...:)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Could be

It could be ...but then again...I could've just got sucker punched:)

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
I'd like to know what 'Tank' means (as in M4 Sherman Tank Green?!?!?) and the difference between that first letter NGK and PGK, one come like a flat, satin finish?

Stinger Yellow would be a hoot, too. Always liked the combo of Black and Yellow on a Jeep, sharp!

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Where'd you find that list, SP?

The PBJ code is correct for hydro. Anyone know any of the other existing color codes?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Im an adjuster and i noticed some funny things with dodges and chrysler paint codes... basically all Dodge Viper collors start with the name "Viper", ex viper blue, viper yellow etc.

Jeep colors however are always single word names..... ex. geko, black, red, anvil...

SOOOO this means the only front runner for a new color is Tank.
wonder what its gonna be? prob a shade of green.

·
Registered
190 Posts
List looks way too long for the cheapskates at Jeep HQ.

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
Im an adjuster and i noticed some funny things with dodges and chrysler paint codes... basically all Dodge Viper collors start with the name "Viper", ex viper blue, viper yellow etc.

Jeep colors however are always single word names..... ex. geko, black, red, anvil...

We already have confirmation there will be a Dark Green

How dark is dark? As in darker than Gecko, but lighter than say, Hunter Green?
(there are lots of dark shades of Green )

·
Commercial Member
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where'd you find that list, SP?

The PBJ code is correct for hydro. Anyone know any of the other existing color codes?
Snagged it off the internet so it MUST be true! :);)

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
Snagged it off the internet so it MUST be true! :);)
A better paraphrasing of Bullwinkle J. Moose I have seldom seen.

Well played, Sir!

:beerdrinking:

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts

That's not true. My jeep's color name is Hydro Blue Pearl. And this year they had Granite Crystal Metallic, Flame Red, Billet Silver...

Previous years: Black Forest Green, Sahara Tan, Deep Water Blue Pearl, Winter Chill, just to name a few...

Or am I missing something here? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
That's not true. My jeep's color name is Hydro Blue Pearl. And this year they had Granite Crystal Metallic, Flame Red, Billet Silver...

Previous years: Black Forest Green, Sahara Tan, Deep Water Blue Pearl, Winter Chill, just to name a few...

Marketing.

Marketing can distort the very fabric of the universe. :pc-ouch:

·
Registered
28 Posts

its possible the marketing name and the paint code name are different. I think the paperwork on my Anvil says Anvil grey but the paint code in a PPG or Mitchell system decode just to Anvil.

OR, and more likely, is that all the estimates I've ever written on jeeps just so happen to be single names lol.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

I thought he meant single word as not being prefixed by the additional word of "Wrangler". Its just "Anvil" and not "Wrangler Anvil".

In other words, Wranglers could have just a single word paint name, but Viper's can't. It would have to be the non-single word "Viper Anvil" (if Viper had that color).

·
Registered
539 Posts

Don't forget Mango Tango and Rugged Brown. I though I saw somewhere in an earlier thread that Anvil wouldn't be back.

·
Registered
391 Posts
True Blue Pearl

True Blue Pearl....I guess its TBP

Let's wait for Pat to chime in. We should get word pretty quick on the 2015's....

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
True Blue Pearl....I guess its TBP

Let's wait for Pat to chime in. We should get word pretty quick on the 2015's....
That chiming in will be on another site, but with a minor amount of detective work you can find it. ;)

1 - 20 of 293 Posts