Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2015 JK Sport without Premium EVIC.

I found and bought the Uconnect bluetooth steering wheel button set in order replace my steering wheel button panel. Like this

I plan on installing this set this weekend to use the bluetooth controls for a future head unit.

Now, for the question. I want to swap my existing EVIC cluster for a premium EVIC cluster that comes with the connectivity group.
I found a premium EVIC gauge cluster for $300 at CLUSTER. Instrument Panel. Instrument Panel Cluster for 2014 JEEP WRANGLER. #56054433AC

Besides the odometer, which has to be set (unless I just buy the cluster used and swap in when the mileage matches), this should just be all plug and play. Do you think there might be some unseen issue with CAN-BUS that prevents me from doing this? I'd really hate to have my car lock-up on me or something and then the dealer refuse to do anything about it. Considering the existing sensors and wires are already there, I think this should be more than do-able.

I really appreciate any feedback y'all can give.

·
Super Moderator
23,770 Posts
I would check with dealer to see if a reflash would be needed. I thought the odometer was stored in computer but not sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts